Friday, July 23, 2010

Mountain Ranch Day 5

On day 5 we left the ranch and went to Manassa. Which is the very small town Linda is from. They throw a big 24th celebration, and man do they go all out. They have a big competition on which float is the best. Lina was one of like 20 judges the results actually turned out exactly how she voted. We all picked the same floats, but in a different order. I guess you have to be from Manassa to get it right. The one funny thing about this parade is it goes down the street, and then you think it is over, but nope the parade goes back down the street again heading the other direction!!
After the parade we went to Bruce and Ann's to eat lunch. I enjoyed relaxing under the shade from this big tree they had in their backyard. It was so nice just to sit there in the breeze and watch the kids play. After lunch we went to the carnival and had a blast. Eli loved to go on the rides and Jacob and I had fun taking turns with him.
When we left Manassa we went back to the Ranch and the guys shot guns. I actually went for a little bit and shot my first gun. It really scared me, but I think next time I won't be such a baby. I left after a little bit and left the boys to have fun. As you can tell from the pictures that came back they had a little bit too much fun!






























1 comment:

Linda said...

I read your entire "mountain ranch adventure," and I must say you did a pretty good job summarizing. I need to get some of your pictures. You got some fun ones...what good memories!!!!

xo