Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm Two!

Today our little Eli's turns two. I can't believe it. It seems just like yesterday he was born, but at the same time it I can't seem to remember life with out him. Today we didn't do much for his birthday since it is Sunday. However I did make sure they sang to him at church, and Jacob and I keep saying happy birthday to him over and over again. At first he didn't like it but now he smiles and loves it. I also taught him to walk around and say, "I'm two!" which is really cute. For Sunday dinner my mom also made him a tiny cake and we sang to him and he blew out the candles. He really seemed to like that. Now he walks around the house saying happy birthday to me and then he say blow away...which he means blow out his candles. It is so cute. Tomorrow we are having a party for him and I hope he has a wonderful time, because he has made the past two years WONDERFUL for Jacob and me.





Baby brother wearing the same tie as big brother!












2 year Check up:
One August 2nd Eli went in for his two year check up. I was worried that this visit would be really hard because I had to take Liam in for his 2 month check up at the same time. I got even more nervous when we drove up and as I pulled Eli out of his car seat he looks up and when he sees that we are at the doctor's office I hear him say, "oh no!" The doctor told Eli to go first and to be a good boy to show baby brother how to do it. Eli did just that. He was a perfect patient and didn't even cry once. He actually even smiled, laughed and talked a lot to the doctor. Eli is still growing great her are his current Stats....
2 year stats
Weight: 30lbs 75th%tile
Head: 18 3/4 25th%tile
Height: 34 1/4 50th%tile
(I know this is a little low because he didn't stand up straight. He kept staggering his legs so we just took the closest we could get.)

Things I want to remember...
  • Eli speech is wonderful. He pretty much will copy every word you say. I can understand him 90% of the time and I would says others between 50% to 75%.
  • He does says he s's kind of funny. I asked the doctor about that and he said it is totally normal and he probably will keep doing that until he is about 4 or 5 years old.
  • Eli has always been a very good eater and he still is. I would list all the foods that he likes, but he likes to many it is just easier to say the things he does not like.
  • Eli loves to play with other kids. He is still learning to share, not get too close, but other then that he makes friends pretty easily.
  • He likes to play pretend. Randomly he will pick an animal and pretend to be it around the house. The main ones he pretends to be are Monkeys, ducks, and frogs.
  • He loves the movie Toy store and loves Buzz and Woody. He has a woody doll and puts him on his shoulder's just like Andy does in the movie. Sometimes I hear he jump up and yell "To infinity and Beyond!" or "Buzz to the Rescue!"
  • Eli has officially started the I do it phase. I hear him say this to me a lot lately, "Eli do it!" He started this when he started doing things to help Liam.
  • He really does love his little brother. When I load up the car if Jacob's car is in the garage I can not get both kids in so normally I will put Liam in his seat then Eli. I will leave Liam by the door back out the car and then go get Liam and put him in. Whenever I do this Eli always yells, "baby brother, baby brother!!" He is so worried I am going to leave him.
  • Eli sleeps very well and out night time routine is so simple. Now daddy or mommy can put him down. When we say prayers at night he always yells for the other parent to come in for prayers. He loves when his whole family is there praying.
  • For a long time Eli wouldn't let us brush his teeth. Recently he has gotten so much better and doesn't cry anymore...it is wonderful.
  • He loves all of his cousins and love Aly and Ethan a lot. He is really starting to play nicely with them. He also really likes Jerel and anything Jerel has. He calls him J roll.

1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to Eli! what a handsome guy, and I love that him and his brother have matching ties..so cute!