Sunday, July 18, 2010

How Did I Get so Lucky?

I am sitting here at my computer at the end of a very crazy day asking myself over and over again...."how did I get so lucky?" In order to understand why I am thinking this let me review my last few days...but mainly the last few hours.

On Thursday Jacob left for the Mountain Ranch. Leaving me alone for 5 days by myself with the kids. (he has left me for 3 days for a Vegas trip too). I don't know what I was thinking letting him leave so early before us. I have been left here to pack for everyone and take care of the kids all by myself. Then to make matters worse Liam is very mommy attached right now, and Eli is too because he is sick! Eli has pink eye in both eyes, a cough, runny nose and congestion. All I hear is Eli saying, 'hold you" and Liam crying for me to hold him. I only have two hands which makes this very hard just to hold them let alone pack for this trip!

Today I realized I was in way way way over my head and I needed help. Plus I forgot to buy some things I really needed for the trip. My mom was up at the cabin so I called my sister to see if she would come over to watch the kids while I ran to the store really quick (yes I know it is Sunday...yikes) My sister being the sweetheart that she is said sure and said she would be right over. When I answer the door expecting to see just my sister I see the ENTIRE Gilmore family. They said they were there to work and work they did. While I ran my errands they cleaned my entire house plus when I got back Steph and Jerel stayed a little longer to help me put everything in my luggage bags since I had to nurse Liam! I was honestly brought to tears by their kindness. Not only did they just come right over to help me with out blinking, but they came to do more then what was asked with smiles on their faces. HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY.

After I got my luggage all packed and dropped off to Cecil I went to my parents house for a quick dinner and then home to finish getting everything ready for the plane. My mom and dad volunteered to come over in the morning to help me and to take me to the airport. They also watched my kids for about an hour while I finished a few things! On top of this Jacob called me and calmed me down. He is so great and getting me to relax and help ease my fears. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such sweet loving people. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and I love and am so thankful for each and everyone of them.

Speaking of amazing family tomorrow I am leaving to hang with all my in laws, and I am really excited. I don't get to see them very often and I really enjoy all of their company. I know most people don't like their in laws and butt heads with them but I again got really LUCKY and I just love mine! I may not like camping, but seeing them will help me enjoy this trip more...well I am off too bed since I am flying tomorrow with Liam 7 weeks old and Eli not even two yet ALL BY MYSELF!! Hopefully I am still lucky tomorrow!

1 comment:

Nuestra Familia said...

You are a lucky girl Stacy. That is so wonderful your family was ready to help when you needed them the most. I'm so glad things got better, it's so not fun to have a sick little boy and little baby. You are amazing!! Have a great vacation. Love ya,