Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mountain Ranch Day 2

The 2nd day at the ranch started with boat races. This was a lot of fun. Basically we all grabbed whatever we wanted and made boats. Some people used water bottles and wood and made actual boats. Other used random things like, three sticks tied together, or a tennis ball with a bunch of toothpicks in it. See what I mean WHATEVER you wanted. Jacob made out boat and he did a wonderful job because we won! I named the boat so Eli and I would yell and cheer Boo - ya! As the race was going.
After the boat races we all cross the the river to watch the train. Everyday and train goes by at noon and like 3. I did not want to get wet so I made Jacob carry me across. Fred thought this was a great idea and had Jacob do it for him too. Of course I got a picture. Eli was cute about the train he would say LOOK OUT! Warning people to look out for the train. We put a penny on the track and it total smashed it. It was fun to see that. On the way back Linda fell in the river which we all thought was hilarious, but Eli was very concerned about his Nana. She had to come and tell him everything was ok. As Jacob was carrying me back across the river Adam thought it would be hilarious to throw rocks right by us to splash us. I have to admit it was hilarious and Jacob and I were laughing so hard...and Adam too. After we got across we looked down and we saw Cecil... Oh boy was he a sight. He had his pants all rolled up and was using a stick to steady himself so he wouldn't fall. Of course we all cracked up and the boys ran down to throw some rocks at him too. I just love the Ash family...they are so funny!
Later that day Allison and he family got there so the men took all the children hand fishing. These Ash boys are pretty impressive and catch fish with their bare hands. Jacob caught the only fish that night...I was proud of him, and Eli got to see him catch it too!
I don't have pictures of the boat race or of the hand fishing...oops!












No comments: