Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Week as Four

We survived our first week as a family of four. I have to say it has been hard a times. Jacob and I have both reached a wall at some point this week, however I think we are adjusting faster then when we became a family of 3.

Like I said the first night home I was very worried. I was worried about still meeting Eli's needs and letting him know I still love him, and worried about not neglecting my new little Liam. Anyway when both our families finally left and it was just us four I figured Eli needed something normal in his life. I popped some popcorn for Eli and Jacob while Jacob put in Toy Story 2. Eli and Jacob sat on the floor eating popcorn and watched the movie. Things already turned for the better. I got a little more comfortable in our plans.

Our days basically consist of Jacob taking the kids at 6:30 or 7 for about an hour so I can get a solid little nap. Once we are all up I get breakfast for everyone. Then Jacob would work from home trying to help as much a possible (which was a lot of help and he was busy). We will play try and do one Eli activity a day. At noon I make lunch and at one EVERYONE goes to sleep. Sometimes we are not all on the same page, but I am pushing for that perfect one o'clock nap to keep my sanity. After naps we will go for walks or swim or some sort of activity, then it is dinner time. We put Eli to bed at 8:30 every night Liam either right before or after that. Then I go to bed to try and get some extra sleep. Jacob is currently sleeping in the guest room so he can get a full nights rest, and I am sleeping in the master with Liam. So far this schedule is working.

Events of the Week...
  • Eli loves his baby brother. He can not say Liam so that is what he calls him. He always puts the Boppy and his lap and tries to hold him at least 3 or 4 times a day. He kisses him WAY more then that. He will always say Kisses baby brother after he kisses him. When Liam
    sneezes he does like 4 in a row every time. I always say bless you, bless you after each one. Eli thinks this is hilarious, and now reminds me when I do not do it.
  • Liam has been beat up on a few times by Eli...all by accident, but still beaten up none the less. He has received on brush to the head, sat on at least twice, mauled a dozen times and kind of kicked. Poor kid...welcome to earth! This is actually the hardest part for me. Keeping Liam safe and Eli occupied elsewhere.
  • Eli has noticed different things are for different people. For example he says Daddy's shoes, or Eli's shoes, or Daddy's car mommy's car things like that. The other day he was obsessed with daddy's shoes and kept putting them on and walking around the house.
  • Eli started playing pretend a few months ago and it is so funny. He mostly does a frog, chicken or a lion. Recently he started fighting like a solider. (wonder where he got that). He loves to sing and dance and so I find myself constantly singing songs to him and Eli asking for me to do it again and again. My new motto is when in doubt sing!
  • Liam when to the doctor this week. They were concerned about a dimple on his lower back and scheduled a CT for Liam to be checked out. They think everything is fine, but they would rather be safe then sorry...which Jacob and I agree with. He gets his CT on Tuesday this week. Liam was a little yellow there from the middle up but it has seemed to clear up and they said it was a very mild nothing to worry about case.

Liam's Stats @ 3 days:

Height 21.5 in

Weight 7lbs 13 oz

Head 14.25in







2 comments:

Elliot and Cami said...

Two babies is CRAZY. I still think of Cohen as a baby, as I'm sure Eli is most times too. Glad you are getting a schedule down. I still feel like I'm in survival mode. And I agree that the hardest part is protecting the little one from the toddler! Liv has gotten poked in the eye quite a few times and bonked on the head. But she also gets a zillion kisses a day so I hope that makes up for it!

Brenna said...

Can't believe you have a great schedule already? Can't believe how much Liam looks like Eli did when he was born!