Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mommy Memories


  • While Jacob and I were in the hospital Linda had our boys. One day she made them a yummy lunch and they ate it in the back yard. I guess Eli and Liam were in the back yard getting Rollie Pollies and when she came out Eli put them in his armpit while he ate lunch. She said everyone once and a while they would drop out and he would just pick it up, put it back in and start eating. He didn't want to loose his Rollie Pollies.
  • Linda told me another funny story. While she had the boys she caught Eli biting his toe nails. She said Eli don't do that it's yummy and germs will get in your body. He look shocked and grossed out. After talking to Linda he decided that he did not want germs in his body. He then said his tummy was going to be lonely because he wasn't going to eat anymore germs.
  • Jacob play madden on the PlayStation and he lets Eli think he is playing too. Liam even grabs a Wii remote and pretends he is playing. Each play one of the boys coming running into the room to tell me what happened. Usually it's good news like Cardinals touchdown. Or Fitzgerald caught the ball. They are very excited and love it.
  • Liam has been very curious about everything with sister or his words baby ister. He wants to know why I feed her like that, why she is sleeping all the time, why are we quit and things like that. Eli thinks everything is totally normally and has transitioned like Lilia has been here his whole life.
  • Eli is such a sweet heart and teaches me every day. I can get frustrated and I would not be calm and he is such a great example of kindness. For example Jacob and Eli were playing the Madden game and Jacob threw a touchdown. Jacob was pretty upset about it and said, "Dad, Dad it's okay. I am not mad." I hope that we are as kind and patience with this sweet boy as he is with us.
  • Liam loves hats. He mainly grabs his shark beanie hat out of his hat drawer but the other day he found their train hat from Chama. He put it on got really excited and yelled at me, "All aboard!" I didn't even know he knew that went with trains. It was crazy cute.
  • When Lilia came home Eli wanted to know why she wasn't watching him play. I explained that he eyes couldn't see that far yet. I told him soon she would but right now her vision was very blurry. He asked me a lot of questions about it but seemed fine with the answers. That night while he was saying his prayers he said," please bless baby sister that he eyes will get better and she can see better." It was so sweet.
  • Jacob was told about a friend who's dog ate their newborn. I have been nervous about having Marley even around Lilia and then after that story it put us both on edge. Jacob wanted Marley to smell her so while I wasn't looking he took Lilia over to Marley. Jacob then came and told me  Marley wouldn't even smell her. He wanted to show me but I didn't want him to take Lilia to the dog as he could snap at her or something( by the way Marley has never done that, but I was a scared mother). Jacob still wanted to show me and Liam freaked he ran in between his dad and Marley and said no. He would not let his father take her over there. Poor Lilia she will never be able to date. She has two very good and protective brothers.

No comments: