Monday, November 12, 2012

Lilia Saga Continues

I can't believe this and I say it often today, but I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM STILL PREGNANT. At 9 o'clock this morning I was supposed to call the hospital and see if I should come in for my 9 am induction. They called me at 8 and said I was on "temporary delay" I was fine with this because there were a few final things I wanted to get done and I felt like I needed more time. In my head I thought they would call me around 1 or 3 o'clock and have me come in. I cleaned my entire house top to bottom and mopped my floors with out a single contraction!

After finishing around the house I made Jacob and the boys come with me to a few stores so that I could keep moving. We went to Old Navy grabbed Eli some pants and Jacob a shirt. By now the boys were starving so we wanted to have a fun day with them so we went to Peter Piper Pizza. We ate lunch played some games and had a good time. After Peter Piper we head home Jacob took the boys and they all had naps and I went to do the rest of my errands. I walked around 3 stores paid a bill and then headed home.

By this point I was getting depressed. I thought for sure the hospital would call or with all the activity I would go into labor. I had a 4:10 appointment with Dr Huish that I thought would never happen. Well it did. We made plans to drop the boys off and see the Dr. Depending on what happened there we were going to go to dinner and a movie and try to calm me. I saw the Dr and I am dilated to a 4 and 60% effaced. That was progress but obviously at this point she wasn't coming. Dr Huish asked if I wanted my membranes stripped. It didn't work last week and I thought I am getting induced in the morning might as well get one more good nights rest. I chickened out. I am so mad at myself for doing that but I just really didn't want to.

Jacob and I left the Dr and head to the movies to see the new James Bond movie. The movie was long but it was pretty good. After the movie it was late and all the Sushi places I wanted to eat at were closed so we just got the boys and headed home. Jacob has been supportive and has tried to help me get through this but he is also super annoyed with me too. Hopefully we get a call first thing in the morning for EVERYONE'S sake.

1 comment:

The Richins Family said...

I think this is the Lords' plan in pregnancy. At the end of my pregnanices, I feel huge, tired and achey. I am so miserable that I want that baby out and am willing to go through whatever pain and suffering to get that baby here. I had my membranes stripped twice before I finally went into labor with my last one. I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effased for weeks. It was so depressing. I feel your pain completely.