Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2012 Election

Today started out as a optimistic day. I went to the Dr and he was going to strip my membranes. With Eli and Liam I had the baby that day or the next. I thought for sure today was going to be Lilia's birthday. Today was also the 2012 election and by all the polls it was a tight race and I had hope that Obama would be kicked out of office and America in my eyes would have a much brighter future. If someone told me I could only have one of these thing come true today I would have picked Obama loosing, BUT I think I would have paused to think about it for like a second, because I REALLY don't want to be pregnant any more.

Amway the Dr stripped my membranes and the contractions started. Yippee I was on my way. I requested a early ballot and it didn't come so I went to the polling place to vote. I posted this sweet picture on instagram which later Jacob called a Boobie gram. Under it I wrote. I voted for Lilia's future today. You should too.


I went and got Eli from school visited with Linda and then went to the park for a play date. After that the boys looked pretty tired to we went home. I put both down for naps and I relaxed after all my walking that morning. My feet are super swollen. For the next 3 hours I had painful strong legit contractions every 5 minutes lasting a least a minute. I even called Jacob to prep him that once it got down to 3 or 2 minutes we were going to go to the hospital. Jacob actually finished work early and came home. Well about 30 minutes after he got home my contractions just stopped. NOTHING! That was the end. I went into major depressed mode. I even went with Jacob to help people move, but nope nothing. Jacob put the boys down and tried to comfort me.

I tried to distract myself with the election but that was too stressful for us. Jacob said lets just watch something else and we will find out later. I went and took a nice long shower then posted a super depressing and scary picture on Instagram I was so bummed. I wrote this afternoon for like three hours I had contractions five minutes apart. I am no sitting on my couch sulking. I thought by now I would no longer be prego. Now if this election goes bad things will go from bad to worse.


A while later I received a message from my post that said...your day just got worse. Jacob and I were shocked, upset and pretty mad at the American people. This day that was full of hope turned into one of the worst days. Jacob quickly reminded me I was being silly and said a quote by president Packer I couldn't find it but it goes something like this, "Some suffer terrible trials, and sadly some only imagine they do." Jacob was right. I was sitting here thinking the world was over and really I have everything. I have a life most people just dream of. I have a fabulous loveing husband, two healthy boys, and Lilia is just fine where she is at.  Romeny lost the election fair and square he didn't even win the popular vote. I can only hope and pray for Obama and the rest of the country and believe that he is trying his best to make things better for all of us, and not just push his agenda. We after all are not in his hands, we are in the Lords hands and well sometimes we just need to be reminded of that.


No comments: