Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July




This 4th we decided to escape the hot valley and head up to the cabin. Eli has only been to the cabin 1 other time, and he was very little so I was very excited to see what he thought of the mountains.

Our adventure starts with driving up north with Mamo and Buddy on Thursday night. I was worried Eli was going to cry because if he is in his seat for more then 30 minutes he starts going a little crazy. Since my mom and Buddy were in the back with him we had no problems. Eli even feel asleep on the way up with a little chicken nugget in his hand. It was so funny because he would be asleep and then all the sudden wake up and take a bit. Friday we just hung around the cabin and waited for the Gilmore's to get there. We went for walks, and ate and Creekside. I also learned just how much Eli likes to eat corn off the cob.

Saturday we woke up and got ready really fast to make it to the parade in Showlow. Eli and I wore USA colors to be festive with the holiday. Eli loved the parade and sitting in his blue truck. After the parade we headed to snowflake and hung out at Uncle Doug's house for the rest of the day. There were rides on 4 wheelers, forts, playing in sand, green chili, golf, and games. We had a wonderful time! On the way back we stopped in Heber to watch the fireworks. This was a funny experience because we were a little late, and the cops were not to nice to us, but in the end we won and got to watch the fireworks. I have decided that Herber police are not too nice!

Sunday we went to the lake and hiked. Ethan caught a crawdad and showed it to Eli. Eli liked it and I am sure if we let him hold it he would have tried to eat it. We went for a hike and that didn't last long because Eli started to fall asleep in his little truck. It was so cute to watch his little head bob up and down trying so hard to stay awake.





































Oh yeah and Eli loved to be outside. If he could he would be outside all day long. He did not like pine needles, but he loved to throw pine cones!


4 comments:

Kristi & Austin said...

I have read so mnay blogs and seen alot of people that said they were in show low and snowflake for the 4th, and so were we. I wish i would have ran into you! The boys would have had fun, it would have been fun seeing them together!! hope you guys are doing well!!

Erin Davis said...

What a fun trip! Those are such cute pictures!

Brette said...

You are so busted!! I was in SF this weekend too and you didn't even call me!? We could of met up you know? Oh well... I'll be seeing alot more of you guys soon, I hope. What subdivision do you live in anyway?

Linda said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time. I'll bet Jacob wishes he had been with you!!! Next year I'll bet he is.

Linda