Monday, July 27, 2009

1 year check up

Today Eli went in for his one year check up. Everything was good except he has pink eye AGAIN, and a runny nose. The doctor says if we keep having problems with his eye we will have to send him to an eye doctor. I hope this round of eye drops goes a lot better!

Here are Eli's current stats:
Height: 31 in. 75%tile
Weight: 23 lbs 8 oz. 50th%tile
Head: 17.75 25%tile
Other things to note from the visit:
  • Last time I went in for a well visit I got a new Dr. Auxier I loved him then, and I love him even more now. He is a great doctor. Has tons of advice, very helpful, spends time with you and I just plain like the way he does things.
  • Dr. Auxier gave me a mommy talk it was nice because he always warns me of things that are going to happen so I am ready. He gave me a pep talk to help me through the next 18 years. Some major pointers from this pep talk were: how to deal with fits, time outs, feeding, weaning, adjusting to a less cuddly baby...things like that. It was really cute and helpful
  • Eli got two more shots. One in each arm. He hated it and screamed until we left the exam room. However as soon as I opened the door Eli stopped crying and was smiling. The girl who gave him shots was outside the door and he had already forgiven her I know this because he started smiling and flirting with her again.
  • Eli is cute and I love him!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe that he is a year!! Happy Birthday Eli!