Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is the best day of the year. Ok well that is what I think at least. I don't know why but I just loved this holiday. Maybe it is because I always pick the underdog (everyone else seems to hate this holiday) maybe it is because of all the pretty colors (Pink, Red & White where can you go wrong) or all the flowers, balloons and stuffed animals or all of the above, but I just LOVE Valentine's Day.


This year it feel on a Saturday which was kind of a bummer, for some reason I feel like this holiday should always be on a weekday. Jacob still turned it into a wonderful day for me. It started with him letting me sleep in. When I did actually get up this morning I woke up to a smiling husband, baby and flowers. We ate a yummy breakfast. Jacob requested egg sandwiches so of course I had to make them. Then it was time to get ready for a baptism. Our trainer Greg Lake got baptized, and we were so excited to attend and join their family and this very exciting day. The room was full of people there to support Chelsea and Greg, it was such an amazing experience.


After the baptism we went to lunch at Native New Yorker...YUMMY!! We ate there a lot while I was pregnant. I craved spicy foods, and the wings were the only things that didn't make me throw up. I was happy we went there I forgot how much I love their salad and wings. After our delicious lunch we went to Nail Unlimited (my favorite place to get a pedicure) and relaxed. As you can tell from the pictures, Eli and Jacob got very relaxed.

Eli sat in that spot the whole time. It was funny because the more he sat there next to me the more relaxed he would look. Everyone there was laughing so hard at our funny little guy. They also said to us you may have named him Eli, but this little guy is Jacob Jr.

Once we were all perfectly relaxed and finished there we went to Sam's Club. Earlier we saw they had chocolate covered Strawberries and Apples so we wanted to get some treats for the day. I got strawberries, Jacob got an apple and we also got apples for our mothers & Debbie. Oh my goodness they were so good. Then we ended the day with dinner at AH SO. This has been a tradition which we have followed since before we were married. This is our 4th year doing this and we still love to go there on Valentines Day. Elliot and Cami came with us again. This is their 3rd year in the tradition. We had such a wonderful time.

I told Jacob we had to get Eli something for Valentine's Day. I said he loves balloons we should get him one so he can play with it. Jacob was so sweet and went and got his little man a balloon. Eli loved it, and I loved it because it was in Spanish. I am always telling Jacob he should talk to Eli n Spanish then Eli can be bilingual just another way he can be like his dad.

No comments: