Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick again

On Valentine's Day Eli woke up with such a runny nose and was congested. So on Saturday night I slept in the same room as him. It was so sweet to look at my little guy sleeping. He is so cute. Sunday Morning poor guy still didn't feel very good and didn't slept well that night so we didn't go to church. He would wake up random just screaming. It would just break my heart, but as soon as I would touch him he would stop and get as close to me as possible. He has such a sensitive heart. I again slept in the same room at him Sunday night. He slept better, but woke up with such a bad cough. He was coughing so hard he was gagging himself. I called the doctor and got him in right away. As I drove to the doctor's office I listened to my little guy. You could tell he was having a hard time breathing, but he was just playing and smiling the whole way there. Then I walked into the office and I noticed there were A LOT of sick kids. Normally in the sick room it is just you and one other person, but there were like 8 of us this time. It was such a sad room to be in because all the kids were so sad, and just laying on their moms. Eli feel asleep and then woke up and was playing again so happy. I realized nothing makes Eli sad! The doctor said Eli had a little cold and that I would just have to wait this one out. He is still too small for any medicine. GRRR I don't know why I take him to the doctor this is what I hear every time. I slept with Eli again last night and I can tell already he is starting to feel better. I think tonight we might go back to our regular routine. I just wanted to remember this because I feel so lucky to have such a sweet baby. He is so positive and loving. I couldn't ask for a sweeter child.

1 comment:

Paisley Quilt Works said...

I know how you feel about the docs, i always leave feeling like i could have just stayed at home but then i realize that it is better to be save then end up at the hospital cause they are too sick. Its good you go, u are such a good mommy to sleep with him in his room i wish i did that with my first then he wouldn't be in my bed but i took him in with me. You sure learn a lot with your first. I hope he gets better soon.