Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nothing Can Stop Him Now!!

It's official Eli is crawling around our house. Now he hasn't perfected his crawling, but he has found a way to move around the house. I notice it is very hard to get things out of Eli's reach now. We have this little shelf in our family room where I normally put things I don't want Eli to get his hands on, THOSE DAYS ARE OVER. Eli wiggles, army crawls or whatever you want to call it over to the shelf. Then he lifts his little head to see whats up there and starts grabbing. It was cute, but I am sure the faster he gets it will be difficult and it will get real old real fast.

Last night I was talking to Jacob and we watched Eli move across the entire room. I never really noticed he moved so far so quick so I figured it was time to document it. As always as soon as the camera comes out Eli turns into a deer in headlights. After a while he finally got used to it and I caught him going this short distance last night. He does go short distances on his knees with a normal crawl but for some reason he finds this way easier and faster.

(For the record my voice is not that deep I was trying to copy Eli)

I swear if you watch this Eli mouths hi when I say hi...judge for yourself.

Eli is such a joy in our lives. The other day I was working out with my Mom. Eli had enough of us not playing with him so we had to stop. He then got very busy and was so cute. I took some pictures. I love this one of my mom and Eli because his cheeks are HUGE!! Also that is not sweat or drool he decided he was thirsty like us so he had to have some water too.

I don't know why but he is always finding new ways to crack me up. The other day this show was playing a performance of the new Sherk Musical. I am walking around the house picking things up and I walk by Eli playing on the ground. Then I hear the show and there is a part when Fiona and Sherk are tooting. I am not kidding when I saw this, but after each of them tooted Eli did too just like it was part of the show. I started laughing so hard. Eli obviously had no clue why I started laughing and he jumped because I scared him a little, which made me laugh even harder.

Eli was supposed to be taking a nap a few days ago and I hear a little voice coming from his room. I go in a check on him and I find him very busy in his crib playing ith Gigi (his Giraffe) and his mobile. I thought it was so funny I had to get some pictures. Also since he was being so good I let him stay in there and play so I could get some things done.


6 comments:

laura said...

How cute! I can't believe he is crawling. Kids do the funniest things!!

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Wow what a fast little mover. I dont think Gavin crawled tell he was 8 or 9 months. I don't think bella will crawl soon either she doesn't show any signs of moving or rolling over yet. but who knows.

Ian and Kristen said...

Ha ha... just wait until you not only won't be able to have stuff on your little shelf, but even your kitchen table is becoming too low to keep stuff on! that's where we're at!

Annie and Jason said...

So cute Stac and good to hear from you. Yes by the way I can see your blog the email must have went through. :)

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

I can't believe how big Eli is getting, he's such a little stud! Yeah, Reed is Max's cousin, he's actually the one that set us up on a blind date. Ha ha, but glad to hear you guys are doin well, keep in touch!

The Crandell Crew said...

Is it me or is his har getting darker? He is growing so fast. I especially love the "rocking" he does. And yes, it is SO wonderful when they will entertain themselves so you can get a thing or two done! I bet you are just loving being a mommy! Let's get together soon!