Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Thoughts...

Let's face it I come from a very political family. Ok I married into a very political family, but that still doesn't change the fact that I have my opinions. Yesterday I kept venting to Jacob about the current state of our economy and our nation. You name the emotion I feel it right now. Jacob is such a positive man that he just sees great things and nothing ever breaks him down, so when Obama announced his new plan for our mortgage collapse yesterday Jacob saw great things. I on the other hand felt a lot of things, and the last thing I saw or even felt for the matter was great. I visited my friend Kristen's blog yesterday and she posted this mans vent which I couldn't agree with more.

To Congress and the president:
Thank you for helping my neighbors with their mortgage payments. You know, the ones who in the good times refinanced their house several times and bought SUVs, ATVs, a pool, a big screen, two WaveRunners and a Harley. But I was wondering, since I am paying my mortgage and theirs, could you arrange for me to borrow the Harley now and then?
P.S. - They also need help with their credit cards. When do you want me to start making those payments?
- R.D. Ford, Queen Creek

These were the exact things I was saying to Jacob yesterday. He had to listen to me complain over and over again about the two ladies I saw on the news complaining about their current situation while wearing a fur coats. That's not exactly screaming poverty to me. I do feel really bad for some people who have tried their hardest and come up short again and again. For those people I want this plan, but for those people alone. For the people that live a better life then most and have their hand out I just want to smack it, and teach them that their are consequences. Now for the record I don't think Jacob and are flawless. We have made mistakes, and I am sure we will make more, but we also live with the consequences of our mistakes.

Since I am such a conservative republican people often ask me if I even want Obama to succeed. I find this such a silly question OF COURSE I DO. So what my guy didn't win (and lets face it he wasn't perfect) fine who cares. I have moved on and support our new president. So Obama here's to you I wish you the best of luck with the rough times ahead, and may they be few and far between.

p.s I just wanted to thank Jacob. I kept sharing my feeling and I KNOW he was annoyed with me, but he listened and was a supportive none the less. Thanks Jacob your the best husband.

No comments: