Saturday, October 3, 2009

Monarch Butterflies


My mom is a huge butterfly lover. When I was little she had tons of butterfly's all around out house. For about a month now she has been telling us there was a Monarch butterfly exhibit at the botanical gardens, and we needed to take the kids out there. So today we did. It was nice. We did not know it was like the zoo, and you have to pay to get in to even see the exhibit, however the people were nice and helped us get in cheaper. Now I have a yearly pass and I can take a guest and however many children I want under the age of 18!



We had to hurry to get my dad back in enough time for the priesthood session so we rushed right to the butterfly part first. It was cool. Eli liked the butterfly's but sometimes got a little worried.















When you leave the exhibit there is a little stand where you can learn more about the butterflies. Read a cute story put some puzzles together and things like that. It was really nicely done. We stopped and looked at everything. Eli liked the hanging butterfly and Stephanie playing with the catipillar pupper. I enjoyed the book it was so cute. It was the story of how the butterfly fly to Mexico...Gotta Go, Gotta Go, I gotta go to Mexico.







Since we still had some time we went to look at some other things there since none of us have ever been there before. We went on the butterfly walk, and the humming bird trail. We had a wonderful time looking at all the wildflowers that grow here. We played with the kids and we tried to find how many different colors we could find. As we were walking Ethan found a huge Lizard, my mom says it is a Gila Monster, but I don't believe her! My mom also caught a lot of butterflies. She is really good at it. I guess she did it all the time when she was little. I now call her the butterfly chamer.



No comments: