Monday, October 26, 2009

15 Months

Today Eli went in for his 15 month check up. It is always bittersweet to take Eli in for his well visit. I like it because I get to found out how he is doing, and I hate it because I know the dreaded shots are coming. The doctor checked him out and he said everything looked great. Something every mom loves to hear! Then we talked some more and after talking to the doctor I decided it was best the he receive the flu shot as well as the H1N1 flu shot. This made me so sad because this was 5 shots total. I hate doing that to my little guy. He got 3 shots in one arm and 2 in the other. He cried pretty hard for a few minutes, but he got over it pretty quick.

Eli's current Stats:
Height~ 32.75in 90th%tile
Weight~ 26 lbs 75th%tile
Head~ 18.5 50th%tile
Eli's development:
  • He says a few words about 10. I was afraid Eli was behind here, but the doctor said that was very good.
  • Eli is a very good walker and now a runner. Sometimes he walks around like he is drunk, but he has walking down I would say.
  • He has started to show an interested in feeding himself with a spoon. He had an interest before but more for messes. He now wants to feed himself like everyone else. We are still practicing this one.
  • He still loves all kinds of food and is a very good eater!
  • He loves to scare people. He will hide around the corner then jump out and growl or say boo. Jacob sometimes pretends Eli scares him.
  • He follows directions very well. Only a few times have I said something and he try and do the opposite.
  • When I says let's go bye bye he runs to the garage. We I say do you want to take a bath he runs to the bathroom, and when I say do you want to watch Elmo he runs to the TV.
  • He is really starting to love spending time with his dad. Jacob was sick so for a few days he worked from home. When Jacob finally went back to work Eli was confused and started chasing his car down the street yelling Daddy!!!
I felt bad for him to I took him to Walgreen's and got him a nice yummy chocolate milk and some more Tylenol. I decided I should invite people over to the house tonight too so he would have some buddies. My mom Debbie and Lee came over and had Dinner in a Pumpkin with us. You would have though Eli was just fine he ran around and played with everyone he just loved having everyone over.


1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

I can't believe he is 15 months! What a cutie :) Dinner in a pumpkin is so yummy, I had it for the first time this year!