Friday, March 6, 2009

New things

Since Eli has been changing so much lately he has a few new trick or things he does.

  • The first new thing is he started to pull himself up to a standing position by himself. All the sudden one day Jacob and I were watching TV and we look over and Eli is standing up at the couch. This is when we realized what he could do, but this all kind of started about a week before today. Whenever Jacob or myself were sitting on the ground he would try and crawl over us....always funny to watch. (the pictures of Eli standing up below are hilarious because he got stuck under our ping pong table and didn't know how to get out. I love how worried his little face is.)
  • Eli normally nurses for a few minutes before he goes to sleep well since I play volleyball on Wednesday nights now obviously Jacob can not use this little trick to put him to sleep. One night I got home and asked Jacob how it went he replied, "Wonderful. He would just play on the ground look at me and smile then once I noticed him rubbing his face in the ground I knew it was time to put him to sleep. I just put him in his crib and closed the door." Jacob also said that even when he was tired and rubbing his face and eyes he would still look up and smile at him...SO CUTE.
  • Like I said before Eli has out grown his little bath, and honestly he has outgrown the entire sink. So one day I put him in the tub to see how he would do in the big tub all by himself. Eli did and great job now every bath is in the tub complete with bubbles and toy! Jacob also likes bathing him now because he doesn't cry and he isn't too big for the bath.
  • The final trick is the video of Eli fake coughing. YES FAKE!! Now that he eat A LOT of what I do (whenever I eat something he thinks he needs to be eating too) sometimes he chokes or coughs a little. Obviously he noticed how quickly he gets my attention and so now he does a fake little cough every time he realizes I am not looking at him!

Eli wondered what the heck the faucet was at first.

No comments: