Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lions, and tigers and Bears...OH MY!!

For over 2 years Jacob has been trying to get me to go to the Zoo. I have on the other hand have been trying to avoid the Zoo at all cost. I have used every excuse in the book, it is too cold, it is too hot, we don't have a baby, or baby is too little...blah blah blah. Eli I think is still a little too young for the Zoo, but he gets so bored and loves being outside that I figured it was time to get to the Zoo. So on Saturday Jacob finally won the Zoo battle and we went with some friend. Preston and his little Emery joined us, and we rode out there together. When we got there we met up with some other friend Wyane, Rachel and their little girl Regan.

The Zoo if not played right can turn out to be very expensive. We figured it would be smart to buy a year pass so that I could come more often with Eli, and we could save money! Jacob bought me a year pass so I can get into the Zoo with a guest for free for an entire year. Children under 3 get in free so I basically could go to the Zoo with most of my friends for free now. I am very excited, and I plan on going as often as possible.

The Zoo has a new petting exhibit where you can pet sea creatures. I was really excited about this then I saw that actually cost more money. Everyone wanted to do it, and since I was a Zoo member it only cost I dollar so we figured we needed to do it. This part was so cool. We pet Sting Rays, Sharks and some sort of swimming sting ray crab thing. It was so cool! Jacob loved it and turned into a little kid so it was so much fun just watching him. Eli liked it too at first and then shortly later he had enough and didn't like the cold water, but he did touch 2 stingrays!!

The rest of the time at the Zoo we spent just walking around looking at the animals. Eli slept for about an hour of our 2 1/2 hour trip, but when he was awake he loved everything and was so cute. He loved the petting Zoo. I don't know if it is because Eli is around animals a lot already, or if he just isn't afraid of them, but he just loved trying to pet all the animals. I have to say Jacob is the best to go places with. He has such a positive attitude and he makes things so much fun. A lot of us joked that Jacob was enjoying it way more then everyone else.

These last two pictures I took because the first is of the pink bird. For a while it's head was hiding and we all wondered if it was Cotton Candy or food for the birds. It was CRAZY!! The second if of this Monkey. Jacob heard the trainer say he was going to feed them shortly so we sat there and watched them for a while. It was funny to watch them and these one was so hilarious just relaxing on the edge annoyed the trainer wasn't feeding him yet.

No comments: