Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin

After a quick trip up north a few weeks ago everyone in my family was dying to get up to our cabin for a nice, fun and relaxing weekend trip. Jerel always takes off work when the kiddos have breaks so he sent an e-mail out to see if everyone wanted to go to the cabin during October break. Jacob didn't get to go up to Showlow with us so he was very excited and of course we were in.

Jacob, Eli and I left on Friday around 1 o'clock. Eli was a little angel and slept the whole way up. He did wake up for a little bit and he just talked to his elephant friend on his car seat. We got to the cabin in the early evening. My dad was in Heber for work so we were the only ones there until around 5 O'clock. When my dad got home we decided to go for a walk and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Here are my two boys all ready to go!

This is what Eli looked like in his Stroller all nice and bundled up!

I was worried about the wind giving Eli an ear ache so this is what he looked like on the walk.

After the walk we went to Creekside and ate dinner. Then back to the cabin to wait for everyone else. As I was unpacking we were visiting and Papa (my dad) was holding Eli.I looked over and this is what I saw. I thought it was the cutest thing ever!!




Everyone else got there around eight. Of course the card games started right away and we were busy ever since. Here are some pictures from our fun trip to the cabin....

Eli and Buddie hanging out with Uncle Jerel.

I was getting ready and when I was done I came out to see Eli like this with Debbie.

He was 1/2 asleep in her arms and half on the table. All spread out...hilarious!
We love food so on Saturday we spent 1/2 the day in Payson getting food for our meals. I found this little monkey and Eli loved it. I tried talking Jacob into buying it and he said no we are not going to spoil our baby.... I was sad but Jacob was right.
When we got back to Payson the Cyndi, Tobi, Sadie, Noah and Aly got there and we all decided to go for another walk. I love this picture because of Noah running backwards and Ethan sprinting ahead. (Jacob was behind the camera so he isn't pictured)
Here is another walk picture. Austin and Buddie leading the pack.
The next day we went to the lake to let the kiddos fish.
It was so cold down by the lake. Here are most of the girls trying to stay warm. Eli HATED how cold it was so he didn't stay very long. We went home and took a nap (best nap I have had in the past 2 1/2 months!!)

Eli giggles here and there. Here is one of my attempts at catching him in the act. I think he knows what I am up to and he always stops when I pull out the camera.
That nigh we went on another walk. Eli wanted to be held so I enjoyed the cuddle time.
Buddie always tries to find the highest spot in the house to lay down. He just loved the stack of blankets. It was nice and comfy with a good view of what the kids we up to outside.
Buddie noticed I was taking pictures so then he decided to strike a pose for me.
I guess after a while Jerel looked more comfortable then the blankets.
Moments not pictured...
  • On one of our walks we came up to a large mountain and my Aunt Cyndi and Tobi dared everyone to climb it. Little did they know we would all take them up on it. Jacob led the pack and we all followed. It was so fun seeing the little kids beat all the adults up the mountain. I was behind Austin and one point and looked up to see his past half way past his bottom! After passing Austin I was behind Ethan. Ethan looked back and me and said, " See ya Stacy!" Then he took off running up the mountain. On the way down Ethan stayed with his mom and they went down the mountain on their bottoms.
  • My dad is a funny man. He doesn't just sit around telling jokes but he does say the funniest things at the perfect moments. For example Jacob and I had bought some milk and poked a hole in the jug. We poured the rest of the milk into a pitcher and put it in the fridge. My dad came home from work looked in the fridge and said, 'Stacy how much milk have you been pumping!!" He was totally serious. We thought this was too classic so whenever one else got up there we told them that it was breast milk and not to drink it. They believed us...well for a short while.
  • Another moment that my dad said something fun was the 2nd night we watch Ironman. Jerel went downstairs to get some speakers so it would be nice and loud for everyone. While he was gone the TV kept playing the part on the DVD just before you hit play. My dad looks at it and says, "Man they sure are taking a long time with this part of the movie." It was hilarious because he thought that was part of the movie!
  • We played lots of card games and scatagories. Aly and Sadie teamed up on scatagories and beat the adults most of the time. Jacob and my mom played Skip Bo I think currently they are tied and will have to play another hand to determine who the ultimate winner is.

9 comments:

Amy said...

That seriously was SO funny/crazy running into you guys in Payson - gotta love it. And so fun to see you at the shower! Looks like you guys had a blast too - wasn't that chilly weather so nice? And how fun to see Tobi - I totally love/miss her - she was a great visiting teacher.

Emily Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! I'm jealous- we've been trying to get up to the cabin for months now, and have had something come up every weekend.
Fun for tobi's fam and cyndi to meet up with you guys.
I love that Jacob wouldn't let you get the monkey cause he didn't want to spoil Eli. ha ha. What a good daddy :)

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun trip. I sure do have a ton of good memories at your cabin. I love when you get to hang out with family like that.

nolongerablog said...

oh my goodness he is so Jacob!!!! thats so crazy! i can so see Jacob telling you no about the monkey.. lol we're not going to spoil our kid! i can see the look on his face, you know the one.. his eyes get a little bigger then he says what he want to say and then shakes his had and smerks! lol you know the one im talking about.. :) it looks like you guys had a blast.

laura said...

How fun! I love your cute scarves. Eli is so adorable in that red outfit.

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Eli is getting so big! I have been such a blog slacker, and am finally back on track and loved reading all your updates. Your such a cute mom. Glad to hear everything is going good!

Brette said...

Ooh I loved going up to the Cabin! When we were little my grandma would take us up there with her. We always loved to get out and hike around the creek. After it got dark we would just sit and watch the all the sisters play card games. That always seemed to entertain us!! haha Eli is getting so big. I can't believe it! And so are all your nieces and nephews! I love the pictures of Buddie sleeping with Jerel. That is totally just like my mom's maltese. Anyway looks like you guys had a great trip to the Cabin. I hope your dentist appointment goes good!!

Jake and Lynn said...

Okay seriously he is growing up so fast!!! I love him all bundled up. You look like such a cute mom, and it sounds like you've got a great baby!! By the way I love the funny comments you wrote about your Dad. I do remember him just doing randomly funny things in high school when we were hanging out at your house.

p.s. to answer your question, my parents are back from their mission they left in April. But it was only a six month mission, which if you ask me is just right. We missed them so much. Who knows when they'll take off again!

wow that's a long comment

The Brennan Family said...

Hi Stacy! It was nice to see you and your little boy! Sorry it took me so long to leave you a note - life has been crazy, I'm sure you know what that's like! Glad to see you are all doing well. :) -Abbey