Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today was my birthday and I can honestly say I had a WONDERFUL day. It started off with Jacob trying his hardest to hold Eli off from his morning feeding so that I could sleep in. He did a really good job except for the fact that he forgot about the monitor so I woke up any way. It was all about the effort for me though. Then after feeding Eli I walked out into the living room to see this....




In Jacob's family they always would put up signs like this all around the house for some one's birthday. Jacob loves the memories associated with this so it is something we do in our house now too. I must say I get why he loves it because it is always fun for me to walk around the room seeing all the signs and what he wrote down on them.

Jacob offered to take me out to breakfast but for some reason I just wanted to eat at home so we stayed home and watched John Adam's (a new HBO series) and ate cereal. After that we got ready and headed to Target to get a few Halloween decorations to finish our front yard. Then off to my parents house to drop off Eli and go to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. I love Chicken Piccta so I am in love with that place right now. After lunch Jacob took me over to my favorite store in the whole wide world Anthropolgie. I shopped there for a little while. I was sad because all of their stuff was too short for me, but I did get this purse I wanted from my mom and sister from that store. Her is my new bag isn't it too cute???





After shopping Jacob took me and spoiled me with a fabulous pedicure. (obviously Jacob knows the direct path to my heart Food, clothes and pedicures!) When we were done relaxing we headed back to my parents house to dinner and fun with my family.


We had Pai Wei and and Oreo ice cream cake...YUMMY!



Here is Chase enjoying some of the food. Normally we would delete pictures like this but Chase threw such a fit we thought a perfect spot for this picture would be the blog!



Lee and Austin. I know Austin is growing up so fast. He turned 9 yesterday.



Mom, Dad, Deb and my boys! Eli was hungry so I guess he wanted to eat his fist!






The Gilmore's. Ethan was not too excited about the picture, but he did such a cute pose any way.



My hubby and me.


Memories:


  • Any one who knows our family knows that Lee can be aggressive at times. A lot of my childhood and teenage years were spent in a headlock...my 25th birthday was no different.




  • Lee also had another funny moment with my dad that night. Some how the topic of gas came up and my dad was talking about how cheap it used to be. Lee looks at my dad and says to him, "Inflation is a Bizo." Then he continued to wrestle one of the children on the floor. For some reason I thought this was a classic Kartchner moment.
  • Jacob and I were in Anthropolgie looking for the purse that I wanted. I couldn't find it so Jacob went and asked the girls at the front for help. He said that he walked up to them and said my wife is looking for this purse. The girl said your wife, "Stacy?" Jacob then said yes and was surprised she knew my name. (I am sure at first he thought I spent way to much time in this store for them to know my name) She then told him she went to high school with me and that I played volleyball there. She continued to say how she was younger than me and that she looked up to me. When Jacob told me this story it made my day because I was feeling old and frumpy and this girl was excited to see me made me feel special!
  • Another present I received was some money from Cecil and Linda as well as Jacob. Since nothing really worked out at Anthropolgie I decided to use the money for 3 more months of my trainer....Yippee
  • Best story of my birthday was...Jerel decided he was ready to go home so he grabbed Aly and Ethan and they headed out to the car. Ethan forgot one of his toys so Jerel sent Aly and Ethan inside to find the toy. He told them to ride home with Stephanie. Aly and Ethan ran downstairs to look for the toy and when the came up they saw Stephanie's car drive away. They started running down the street chasing after Stephanie, but Chase had the radio up to load for her to hear them. So the two youngest Gilmore babies were left and forgotten. The story gets better when Jacob and I ran to Sam's Club and we saw Stephanie and Chase there. They still didn't know that the two other kids were at my parents and of course we didn't tell themb because we both thought it was too funny. Stephanie and Jerel did notice that they both didn't have the children the second they walked in the door at their house. Aly said that was 32 minutes later...good times.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Happy belated birthday! The picture of you in a headlock is hilarious.