Thursday, August 2, 2012

Random Mommy thoughts

Here are some more random happenings that I just don't want to forget
  • While we were on our cruise Linda was kind enough to watch our boys. I guess whenever she would see a flag she would sing the grand old flag song. Well now whenever we drive places my boys point out flags and then start singing it. Even Liam loves it and he actually looks for flags more then Eli. Needless to say the 4th was coming up when this started so we see flags everywhere. 
  • This pregnancy I have been having bad dreams again. Eli must of heard me telling Jacob about my bad dreams because now every morning he asks me about my dreams, and tells me about his. It can get pretty entertaining.
  • Eli when he prays sometimes  says the funniest things. The newest funny thing is please bless this food so we can grow strong and shoot real guns and talk on walkie talkies. Man this kid is his father's son.
  • While we were up at the mountain ranch Eli's actually birthday happened. When he opened his eyes the first thing I said to him was happy birthday your four now.  He got the biggest happiest grin on his face and then the next thing out of his mouth was, "Mommy now I can wipe my own bottom!" Eli remembered that months ago we said that. Apparently he was very excited about this.
  • I jokingly say that my boys are hoarders because they will grab tons of toys and stuff them in a small place and play with them. One this particular day they were taking everything from their toy room to their bedroom. I told them to stop because I was coming to clean their room soon and they would just need to take it all back. I was in the middle of cleaning up another room when Eli walked up to me and said, "Mom we had to bring a few more things in our room. We had to bring another slinky because we only had one. We also had to bring Woody because, Well because we didn't have a Woody." That kid had me cracking up.
  • Liam is currently very hard to say no to. His vocaulary is already very limited, but recently he had added please to his list of words. Now when I tell him he can't have something he looks at me and says please over and over again with the saddest cutest face I have ever seen. 

1 comment:

The Richins Family said...

cute kids you have. I have bad and ridiculous dreams that i am thankful never come true. and I think it is just fine to spoil kids here and there. we are apparently very good at spoiling our own children. Mckay (my 2 yr old) is almost 3 and he is just so sweet. he is too smart for his own good and i just have a hard time saying no to him as well. his life will be turned upside down soon so why not spoil him a little more until he has to share some of his things. you're a good mom. there is nothing wrong with it.