Sunday, August 26, 2012

New York Day 3



 Today is Sunday so the boys and I got up and got dressed for church. I thought there would be no better way to spend out day then going to church and showing the boys the NYC temple. (since church is on one floor and the temple on others). We made it just in time to enjoy a wonderful sacrament meeting. My favorite part was the musical number everyone in New York is so talented. The man playing the music did a little talk shared his testimony and then we sang the song the way he instructed us. The spirit was so strong I was moved to tears.

 After sacrament meeting we left  to eat at Carnegie Deli. I was told it was super good, but we got there and I soon realized it was crazy and a tourist trap. The food was gross and CRAZY expensive. I was not impressed and I do not recommend it.  After lunch we headed for the Bronx zoo.

I have been told that the San Diego zoo is the best then the Bronx then the Milwaukee then Arizona. If we went to the Bronx then my boys have been to the top 4 zoos. We jumped on the subway and headed there. Wow! Bronx is like another country to me. From the looks atmosphere to how people dress. I have to admit I got a little scared. We made it to the zoo only to find out we only had a few hours before it closes. We quickly got a move on it. I have to say I was not that impressed everything I wanted to try took extra money and the exhibits were all inside but no AC!! Us west coasters really are spoiled with AC. Hot weather with humidity KILLS me!! I did pay to ride the Dora 4D adventure and the boys just loved it. We did see a few animal, but most we sleeping or getting taking care of by the zoo keepers. The boys mainly liked walking around and climbing on the cute statues of the animals.

 After the zoo we got on the Subway and ate dinner a Gusto Organics. Davinia used to work there and Jacob and I ate there last time we visited. Jacob ordered the tiramisu and it was amazing so I really wanted it. We got there and had an amazing dinner. The food there is so good! Then I went to order desert and they NO LONGER MADE THE TIRAMISU!!  I came basically across the country to have it and they no longer had it I was super sad. After dinner my boys had it they were so tired and crazy. We headed home as fast as we could. 























No comments: