Saturday, August 25, 2012

New York Day two

Today was our second day in New York and today was supposed to be a fun relaxing day with Ashley and Davina. It started out that way, but then that evening we did A LOT. I am getting ahead of myself so we will just start with the beginning. This is Ashley's last day and she flew out in the evening so she of course needed to get a few things done. Once she was pretty much set we all went to a little brunch. They live in Astoria so we were going to go to a yummy crepe place by them but for some reason they were closed for a month! We just started walking and saw this cute little place so we decided to eat there. Liam and Ilia fell asleep so we stayed extra long and just relaxed enjoyed the weather, being outside and had wonderful conversations. This is one of my favorite things about New York, just finding a yummy restaurant that isn't touristy and then just sitting, talking and eating.

After lunch we headed to union square. Where we got me some better walking shoes and hit up the farmer's market. While we were enjoying everything we looked over and saw a really cool park.  We figured this would be a great activity for the kids so we stopped and played at the park for while.  This park was so cool and unique it didn't have any of you average park  equipment. They had like new modern or think through it things. It was a lot of fun the boys loved it. Ashley at this point had to leave and catch her plane so we said good bye to Ashley. 


Since the pizza place we were eating at that night was pretty close we decided to head there to eat. We went and had some yummy food and John's pizza. There was a small wait and during that wait all the kids really started to get tired. Once we got the table and ordered food. Eli was really fading. However I don't know if he really wanted pizza or just loved what he was seeing but he didn't fall asleep. Once the pizza came he was eating it but honestly the kid we almost asleep or was asleep. It was so funny.
The pizza place was pretty close to Time square so we took the boys there to walk around and try to see Iron man, and all the other super heroes. I figured we would see  them at some pint but we could also show the boys everything down there. Well right away we saw Spiderman and the boys went crazy. Eli was 100% positive that this was the true real Spiderman. He was shaking with excitement.  he watch how Spiderman would hold himself and try to copy him. He was extra excited when we took a picture with him. As soon as we were done with Spiderman we turned around and there was Ironman. Again the boys went crazy and we did the whole thing over again.  I can honestly say these moments were worth every stress, every penny and every bit of exhaustion that I went through for this trip. I have never seen my kids so happy and excited before. We walked around Toy's R Us and found the big T- rex and Optimus prime. We also got a little bit of candy to enjoy we hit up the Disney store and looked around there too. We also ran into batman which made the boys again crazy excited to find yet another super hero.
At this point I think our whole group was going to crash we were so tired, and the moms feet were kidding us for walking with these kids all day.  We started to walk toward the subway to head home and I found the Gyro stand where Jacob and I got Gyros when we were first married. I had to get a picture. As I was taking a picture a man started yelling at him. I soon realized he was telling me I dropped something. I turned around and it was my wallet. It had everything my license, cards, cash, everything. I was so thankful for this man yelling at me across traffic. He really saved us! We also ran into the Chrysler building. So I snagged a picture with the boys. After all this walking we found out the subway wasn't taking us very close to the house and we would have to walk pretty far. I told Davina I couldn't do it and we broke down and got a cab. It was a fun and Crazy day!!




























3 comments:

Brittany said...

These were some of the BEST pictures I have ever seen of your boys!!

Brittany said...

These are some of the BEST pictures I have seen of you and your boys!!

Brittany said...

I think these are the BEST pictures I have seen of you and your boys! THey looked SO happy!!