Monday, August 22, 2011

Utah Day 1 --Logan & Temple Square

This morning the boys again proved to me what angels they are and slept in until just about 9 am! They NEVER do that so I know they knew their mom needed some rest so they let me sleep in. Once we finally got up we got dressed at some breakfast and then got ready to head over to our friend Cindy's house. We got to Cindy's house and saw her cute little apartment and Eli and Liam got right in playing with Lyla toys. Keirsten got there with her little girl Carly and we were off to Logan. Logan is about an hour and half drive from where we were so I was worried how the boys would do but Liam when to sleep and Eli watched a movie.

Once we got to Logan we went to a park to meet up with our Friend Annie another one of my room mates for Snow Hall 505! Annie is a school teacher in Logan so we only got to visit with her for a few minutes before she had to go back to work, but it was nice to see her for even a short amount of time. After the park we went to lunch a Fredico's pizzeria. Cindy and I used to eat there all the time so it was memory lane for us all the way. After a wonderful lunch we decided to head over a walk around the Logan temple. I just love this temple and it is so pretty I took a few pictures with the boys. We really did enjoy our selves while we were there and as we were leaving Eli looked up at me and said, "mom, I LOVE the temple!" He melted my heart. Next we headed to one of my favorite views of Logan. It has this nice park beach that looks over the cache valley and right in the center is the temple. We went there and looked around. While we were there Liam was one the ground playing and out of no where he just starts laughing a super hard belly laugh. Cindy then points out that Liam has a grasshopper and is playing with him. Liam really loved it and would just scoop it up. We figured after all that fun in Logan it was time to head home. I had so much fun in Logan and now I remember why I have such fond memories. I really missed Jacob while we were at the Logan temple, but I know that one day he would love to come back a visit with me. The ride home was super fast I don't know how I got home so quick and neither one of the boys made a peep the whole way!

When we got back to grandma's we ate a little snack and played on the trampoline. Then I decided it would be a good idea to go to temple square walk around and then get some dinner for FHE. So that is what we did Eli and Liam walked around temple square so happy. They loved the flowers and water and standing on the ledges. We visited the visitors center because Eli was so sad he couldn't go in the temple so we went and saw a replica in the visitors center. He really liked that. Then we ate some dinner at the Blue Lemon. It was pretty good, both boys seemed too really enjoy it. the lights changed colors in there so Eli was entertained by that. The last stop of the night was the church history museum. We went a played around in the children's section. Eli loved seeing the boat Nephi built. There was even a little section where you help build the boat and he thought that was extra cool that he could help. We stayed there a little to long, and Eli still didn't want to leave. I kind of had to drag him out, but it was past bed time and I was getting tired (as I am sure the boys were too) Today was an absolutely wonderful day!






















No comments: