Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School - Take One

Today was Eli's first day of school. We got him up made him yummy exploding egg (eggs over easy) per his request. Eli picked out his outfit, received a wonderful blessing from his dad and we took pictures for memory purposes. I can not tell you how excited Eli has been for school to start sometimes he makes me drive by her house and he gets even more excited because it is blue. So Eli is smiling from ear to ear as we drive up to the school. As we pull up I see I am the only one there. Weird. Then the gate was closed and the door was locked...hmmm maybe I am early. I call Jacob and check the time he heard they match, however I am worried, because where are the rest of the kids? I rush over to Linda and Cecil's since they live in the same neighborhood. Well, it turns out school doesn't start until Thursday! OOPS! Poor Eli. He seemed to handle it well and said he wasn't mad at me. I think it was a nice distraction we were at Nana's instead of home. We played at the the Ash's for a little bit then Eli went to his sports class. I wanted to start him in sports but I thought he was still small so I thought a PE like class would be great. I was right he loved it. At least the day wasn't a total dud.




No comments: