Sunday, August 21, 2011

Traveling to Utah

Today the boys and I traveled to Utah. AHHHH I have been so excited for this trip however right now I am wondering what the heck I have gotten into. I have already gotten to far ahead of myself so I am going to back up a little bit. One of my roommates from Utah State (Aubrie) is getting married. I thought this we a perfect excuse to come up to Utah and see some of my old friends, since I haven't been to Utah in over 3 years! Anyway I knew Jacob would need to work and I would need to bring the boys, but I thought hey I can do this trip all by myself. So I made my plane reservations, rented a car and asked if we could stay at Grandma Deon's house. (Jacob's Grandma) I also contacted all of my old room mates and tried to make plans with each of them so I was sure to see everyone.

The day of our trip finally came so today jacob dropped me and the boys off at the airport and that is where our little adventure has begun (or did it begen when I bought my tickets?) I checked my bags a skycap which was easy enough then I went to the gate fed the boys and we boarded the plane. The flight was pretty simple the boys were really good and the flight went pretty fast my only complaint was there was this rather large woman sitting next to me and she took up her whole seat that she had to have the arm rest up and was partly in my seat. She was a really nice lady, but I was very uncomfortable. Now our plane has landed in Salt Lake and this is where things got a little crazy. We got out luggage and loaded everyting up on one of those carried things. I still had to pull one bag and push the stroller. Eli was walking and he wanted to push the big thing so I let him. We had to cross this street in order to get to the rental car place. So we start heading across the first two lanes of 6 lanes. Eli goes down the ramp and zooms ahead due to the weight a speed of the thing he pushing. He looses control and moves just enought off track that he can't get back on the curb once we cross the street. I quicly pushEli, Liam and the other bag on the sidewalk and go back for the thing. Eli has no decided that thing is too big and he wants to push the stroller so I am much happier with this choice however I am more scared because he is pushing his little brother. We start to cross the street and I say Eli stay right by me. He started pushing it out of the side walk and I said Eli you have to stay right beside me. It was at this very moment and ANGEL came to save me. This man walked up to me and asked me if I needed help. I told him I did and that I needed to get across and over to this buidling. He helped me get across the rest of the lanes and I am so thankful for this man!

Once I got the rental car it was time to go on the mile hike to get to our car. Eli was pushing his brother again but he wasn't following very good (probably because he is too tall to see over the stroller) So I told him he had to pull the luggage while I pushed the cart with huge car seats, and and 2 luggage bags as well as push Liam's stroller. Eli wasn't happy about this but he was a good boy a listened. We finally made it to our car I loaded up everything and drove to Grandma's. both boys were so good but Liam by the time I buckled him in had it and screamed for about 5 minutes. I found the house really easy and unloaded everything. Allison, Chris and all of her kids came over to check on things and visit. While they were here madilaine and Mark showed up so I got a nice visit with them. After they left I fed the boys and bathed them and finally got both of them to bed at 9:30. Liam is sleeping on a bed for the first time. I am worried how this is going to go, but I couldn't carry a pack n play and there isn't one here so I can make due. Like my mother in law would say, "this isn't bad. It's not like we are crossing the plains or anything." She is right I can do this! I am excited for this week but I hope I don't loose steam too soon. It getting late and I spent! Good night!

No comments: