Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Potty Training

Eli has been ready for a while to move on from diapers. I even started to potty train him back in November. Then I realized I was not ready and put it off. Some mom's can't wait to potty train their kids, but that is not me. I find it totally convenient to be able to run to the store and get what we need without having to run around looking for a bathroom all the time. Anyway I figured I have to potty train him at some point and I figured it was time so we started yesterday.

Eli wanted choo choo train underwear, which was fine except I already bought him some Toy Story and Cars ones! Oh well we went down and bought him Thomas the train ones too and those he was very excited about. I later was glad that I had so many because otherwise I would have been washing a lot more laundry to have clean undies. I don't like to use food as a reward nor a punishment so Eli got a water balloon each time he went potty! He loves it and sometimes he just goes potty to get a balloon. (Hey whatever keeps it out of his pants!) Eli is doing good he has only had about two major accidents. I remember thinking as long as he doesn't pee on my white couch and on beds I will be fine....well one of his major accidents was ALL OVER my white couch! The worst part is it was mainly my fault! I was to busy upstairs I forgot to ask him and he was confused how to get down stairs fast enough he just decided to pee. Shame on me! The main thing is Eli is getting it and he is so cute running around in his little undies. This top picture is by far one of my favorite pictures EVER!








1 comment:

Vickie said...

Hum....water balloon... bladder...water balloon--definately connective imagery going on.