Monday, February 7, 2011

Lee's Football

When I was growing up my brother ALWAYS carried around a football. When I say carried around I mean he would carry it around tossing it in the air and squeezing it all the while making this weird hi pitched noise. Lee would "play" with these footballs until they literally would wear through and leak the air. I remember going on late night runs to Target to get a new football for Lee. We would sit in the aisle forever while he checks out each football for the right one. It had to feel right in his hands. One time after one broke my Mom and Dad kept the ball. While they were moving everything out of the old house (the one on Saddle Ct) my dad came across it. I cracked up when I saw it. You can see where his hands rubbed off all the lining of the football!




2 comments:

Vickie said...

Its such an ugly thing, but I love it because it has so many fun memories of Lee. That football was a big part of all of our lives!

Mom

The Richins Family said...

Look at Elis' face, he doesn't even know what to do with it. :)
It is so ugly now though. I totally remember Lee ALWAYS carrying that ball around and squeezing it and making that weird noise. he was such a nut about his football.