Monday, May 31, 2010

A Comforting Moment

One of my New Years resolutions was to read the scriptures with Eli every night. I bought the Book of Mormon Stories for Eli and so far this year we have read it at least 3 times. On our first night home with Liam I was feeling scared and worried about being a mother to two young boys. I was worried that Eli would feel I loved the new baby more, or I would neglect Liam trying to keep Eli happy. That night as I was putting Eli down we sat in our rocker and started to read our scripture stories. Jacob walked in holding baby Liam and sat down to join us. The chapter was Helaman and the 2,000 young warriors.

As I was reading the story to my family my eyes filled with tears. One part in particular that got me was....

"These young men were valiant, brave, and strong. They were also honest and trustworthy, and kept the commandments of God.

Although the sons of Helaman had never fought, they were not afraid. Their mothers had taught them to have faith in God and to know that he would help them."

These words were very comforting to me. I felt instantly comforted by my Father in Heaven. I knew there was a reason we were on this particular chapter that night. I was quickly reminded of how much he loves me and my family, and that with faith in him I can do anything. I am so thankful for these sweet tender moments. I will always cherish them.

No comments: