Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Eviction Time???

I went to the doctor on Monday hoping to get good news. By good news I mean something like the doctor saying I was very dilated, maybe even going to have the baby any day. I don't know something wonderful like that. Instead I was told I gained 10lbs in 8 days!! (the doctor made this very clear this has to be water weight you can not gain fat that quickly...phew))) I was also told that I am only 2 centimeter's dilated and 50% effaced. Most would think this was good news, but not me because right after he told me that he told me I was measure 39 weeks. WHAT?? Last week when I was only 36 weeks I was barely measuring 36 weeks now I am measure two weeks ahead. HELLO this baby is getting to big. I asked Dr. Huish what he thought about the size and he informed me that he does not think the baby currently is not bigger then I can deliver. However IF I make it to my next appointment I will have an ultrasound to verify the size of the baby and see what we need to do from there. I guess he isn't worried because I had Eli at 38 weeks weighing 8lb 7oz. Therefore he will check the size of this baby at 38 weeks....which I hate to say makes sense but still freaks me out!

So my game plan...try to talk the baby into coming out, working extra hard at boot camp and do anything else I can think of that would make this little guy want to come out. I want to say it is time for him to be evicted, but I guess I have to listen to my doctor and just see next week.

No comments: