Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother Dear I Love You So...

This mother's day has been great!! I being pregnant and really feeling like I have been carrying the load of being a mother...literally, did not even remind Jacob about Mother's Day. Yes, I was testing him, and yes I am fully aware that can be a little evil, however my Jacob bear did AMAZING this year!!
It started off with an amazing present which he couldn't keep a secret and I actually got to see it a little early. I should say Jacob is great at keeping secrets...just not presents as secrets. I love my present and I feel like he hit it out of the park with this one. For the longest time I have wanted a Christus, and I have been tempted a few times just to buy it. Jacob seized the opportunity and not only bought me the bigger one, but the marble one as well!! It is so pretty and I love it. I have already moved things around in my house so I can have it out for everyone to see. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT!!
This week in music class Eli made me a card and it was so cute. I guess the teacher asked him questions and he answered them...his answers are hilarious. I loved the card so much because it was cute and it was my first thing Eli has ever given me!
On Sunday Jacob got me some really pretty pink flowers. We went to my families house for dinner where we ate a very yummy meal made by all the men. We also had a DQ ice cream cake which Jacob was in charge of. After dinner my we all hung out in the living room and shortly Lee started wrestling my mom. This is something Lee has done to my mom pretty much his whole life so I thought it was very fitting...and funny. After hanging out for a while we went to see Linda for Mother's Day. We had a nice visit over there, and ate a little more cake. Now I am home relaxing with my two boys....a perfect ending to a perfect day!
Things I want to remember...
  • When we put up my new Christus Eli kept saying, "Where's Jesus?" then when he finally saw him he said, "There he is!" Now that it is out on our mantel every few minutes you hear him say, "Where's Jesus?" Then he points up and says, "there he is!!"
  • Today at church I was holding Eli walking out of the building we walked by a picture of the first vision. Eli pointed at it and said something. I went back and said, "Where is Jesus?" He pointed right at him VERY excited. Then I thought I would test Eli so I asked him where Joseph was. He paused for a few seconds I could tell he was thinking and looking and then he got a great big smile and pointed right at him. I was beaming with pride!!
  • This morning Eli woke up in such a sweet mood. He kept hugging and kissing on me. He is very cuddling and kissy anyway, but today it was extra thick. I swear he knew it was Mother's Day and he just wanted to show me love. He was so sweet Jacob even noticed he was extra Momma attached this morning. It was so cute.











1 comment:

Vickie said...

Perfect spot for the Christus! Jacob is an attentive and thoughtful husband. What a great gift. It is a life-time home accessory that you will never tire of and it will never go out of style!

The pictures of Lee wrestling me give me a headache.