Monday, May 24, 2010

Gila Valley Temple

Yesterday was the Gila Valley Temple dedication. I was excited about this for a while then I realized the date and I thought for sure I would have my baby and miss it. I almost didn't even get the little green card you had to have in order to enter the dedication. I just so happened to be standing there when Jacob got his so they gave me one too. In my head I thought it is good I have it, but there is no way I will use it because I am going to have this baby. Well, it turns out I was totally WRONG!! Sometimes I need to be reminded that I am not on my time table and someone else is in control.

I woke up a little grumpy to still be big and prego. I was thinking how this was not going to be fun sitting there uncomfortable and maybe needing to pee but I couldn't get up. For a split second I thought about not going, and then quickly changed my mind and got dressed. Jacob and my dad got there early to save me a seat so I wouldn't have to sit too long. When I got there they had a slide of temples all around the world showing. I sat there and watched it I thought to myself that I was lucky I didn't have the baby and that I was able to be there. Then the program started and I was so happy. I had been so self absorbed in having this baby I didn't know who was going to be there to dedicate it or anything like that. When I saw Elder Eyering was conducting I was so giddy to think he was just in the same state as me. Then he said that they were going to go outside and put in the corner stone with President Monson. Oops so self absorbed again to not know the prophet was there. It was so amazing listening to these men interact and just be normal men. President Monson really interacted with the children and you can tell he has such a warm tender heart for the people of this church. Elder Holland was there too again another great surprise to me.

After they were done with the corner stone they went back in the temple where the temple Matron, temple president and Elder Holland all gave wonderful talks. Then president Monson went up said a few words and then dedicated the temple. Time seemed to fly by and I was so happy for a few hours to be pregnant and able to be there. I would be lying if I said I was never uncomfortable I am always uncomfortable right now so it was no biggy. I am upset I didn't go home and write about this right away because I had so many thoughts and feelings during the dedication that I have already forgotten. However I am sure I remembered some of the most important parts.

One thing I know I learned... actually relearned is that I don't know what is best. I was convinced it was best for me and everyone around me that I have the baby. No what was best was for me to be there feel the spirit and increase my testimony even more before I receive another little valiant spirit.

No comments: