Wednesday, May 12, 2010

37 weeks...well almost

I noticed I have not updated about this pregnancy in a while so I figured it is time!! I have to admit about 3 weeks ago I was done, finished, ready to evict this little baby. Then all the sudden it just went away. I was ok with being huge and just kind of accepted it. Now that it is time to have him I am not really sure if I am ready...ok I am not ready. I don't mean I am not ready to be a mom of two (which sometimes the thought scares me) I just mean I haven't gotten everything ready for this sweet little bundle. I decided it was time to get my rear in gear and start getting my list of things done. This week I finally ordered my new rocker, pulled out his clothes and blankets, made plans where everything is moving, and Jacob and I cleaned out the office. I also bought some of the stuff for my hospital bag and my new over night bag. I would say now I maybe a little over 50% ready for this baby. The rest of my to do list is pretty easy I just need to get my list done!!




These pictures were actually taken at exactly 37 weeks I took I long time finishing this post. Oh yeah and I went to the doctor and I am one centimeter dialated and 50% effaced.

Things I want to remember...
  • All I want to eat is Ice Cream this whole time seriously every meal that is all the can think about. I am not sure if it is just because I am hot all the time of what but I always want and icy drink or some ice cream.
  • I have been having a lot of tailbone pain. I will stand up and it feels like someone has kicked me really hard right in the tailbone! I did not have this with Eli but I remember after delivery I it hurt really bad. It makes me so worried because if it already hurts I can only imagine what it will feel like after delivery!
  • With Eli I didn't feel like I had an increase in urination. This time I would say there is a major increase ex specially at night time. I constantly feel like I need to go and most the time I hardly pee anything. It is funny cause I swear he moves and I just run to the bathroom because he just moved right on top of my bladder.
  • I have the hardest time sleeping. Some nights I just lay there wide awake other times I just toss and turn cause I can not get comfortable. I have found the colder my house and the more pillows the better the chance I will sleep better. I also try really hard to join Eli for his afternoon nap that way I am not too grumpy from the lack of sleep.
  • My feet are starting to get pretty swollen, and I am retaining a lot of water in my legs too. My tushy is getting bigger I hope that is just water, but something tells me it is really the ice cream.
  • I am still doing boot camp. I enjoy it still however there are still a few times when I get in moods where I get pretty lazy, and then other times I push myself pretty good. I really hope all the working out helps me in delivery and in my weight loss after!
  • Speaking of weight loss I have gained more weight at 34 weeks with this baby then the day I delivered with Eli. This isn't something I really want to remember however I thought it was something I should document none the less.
  • One morning I was laying in bed and I could feel that the baby got the hiccups. I have very concerned because I realized they were coming up high up by my ribs. I did not like this because I thought for sure this baby should be head down and stay that way. After a few seconds of hiccups I noticed they started moving down and around. I could feel the baby spinning in circles. It was crazy one minute head up, next head down and then back around again. It was so cool because I would tell what body part was where and it seemed like he was having a great time just spinning around.
  • The last story is crazy to me because most of this pregnancy I could say the baby is pretty much just chill and sits in there. However most the time out of no where it is like he is at a party or dancing or wrestling or something. Most then day nothing and then BAM it's a party in my tummy. What a funny kid.
  • I find myself wondering what he is going to look like a lot. Will he look just like his big brother? Will I have cookie cutter babies? Or will this baby be more Kartchner and very dark? It is fun to think about I can't wait to see what he really looks like.
  • Eli really seems to like babies whenever we see them he always puts out his arms to hold them and is very sweet and tender with them. A few weeks ago I watched some of my cousin's Charlee's children including her newborn Dylan. Eli just loved him and sat on the couch and fed him an entire bottle. As you know newborns don't eat so fast so I was impressed he was patient enough at 20 months to just sit there and feed him the bottle. I always knew Eli was going to be a great brother, but after that I knew he would be amazing. Now I just wondering how he is going to feel about the baby never leaving?

Jacob's Memories...

  • Jacob says that I always say this pregnancy is harder...meaning I wanted to be done sooner this time. He says that is not how he remembers it and he thinks it is about the same.
  • Jacob also says that I am smaller this time, but I think I am bigger.

1 comment:

dan and ashley said...

i cant believe you are already due! i feel like you just announced you were preg! good luck getting everything ready! i cant believe you are still doing boot camp- you rock