Monday, January 11, 2010

IT'S A BOY!!


It official with out a doubt that we are having another baby boy. I have to admit there for a while I thought it was a little girl. I have to be honest that there was no reasoning just mainly feeling and then I followed some old wives tales. The main reasons I thought it was a girl was because Eli I felt kicking all the time, and this little guy I hardly feel kick. Second I have not felt pregnant other then my few weeks of hell when I got my appendix out. Other then that I thought I was having a boy because I just know Jacob and I are going to have a slew of boys! Anyway here is how the appointment went....

Jacob showed up before me this time and was very concerned when he saw me walking in so slowly and funny, because I had to go to the bathroom so much. We waited about 20 minutes and I looked at Jacob and told him there was no way I could hold it longer. About 3 seconds later the lady opened the door and called me back. She was so kind because she did a few tests really fast and then let me go to the bathroom. She pretty much checked out the whole baby before we got the the big question of is it a boy or girl. We both quickly saw it was a boy and there was no questions asked. It was fun watching this little boy Eli looked like he was all sprawled out, where this baby is in a little ball and sleeps all curled up. He didn't move too much when we watched him, but he was moving around I think more annoyed with the movements we were doing. She told us we weight about 10 oz and is measuring perfect for 19 weeks. The heart rate was 150 (oh yeah another reason I thought it was a girl because Eli's NEVER got below 170)


After the appointment we went home to tell Eli. Eli just pointed at the picture and said Baby. Honestly I am sure he thinks it is like one of his books and his world will be rocked in a few months, however if there was ever a child meant to have tons of brothers and sisters around him it is Eli. He will be so happy when this new little brother gets here....WE CAN'T WAIT!



Things I want to remember...
  • Just before I got there I was convinced for this might be a girl. Once I found out it was a boy the news was wonderful. Although I do want a girl someday I am so excited that it's a boy so Eli and this little one can be such close friends just like Jacob and Daniel were.
  • Jacob was so kind a caring the whole time. You always wonder what these men are thinking since they don't connect to new borns so well however you could just see and feel Jacob's excitement.
  • When we saw Eli the first time he was moving around everywhere and looked like was spread out. This little man was curled up in a little ball and just did tiny movements. Probably why his heart rate is lower then Eli's was...he is too comfy in there!
  • I also want to remember the next time I need one of these ultra sounds I don't need to drink an hour before, and not so much. The nurse said I hydrate good and I should not be in pain...and I never want to have to go that bad again.







No comments: