Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Fun Snow Trip!

Our Young Men's leader called Jacob this week to see if they could use the cabin. My Dad said it was ok so we needed to make plans to go too. We were excited because the whole week before we had a major rain/snow storm so we heard things were pretty fun up north. We called up Cory and Kristyn Mclaws to see if they could come and they could. We loaded up the car Friday afternoon and headed up.

We ended up leaving later than planned so the young men beat us up there. When we finally got to the cabin the boys were trying to shovel parking spaces for us. We finished helping them turning on the water, heat and things like that then we headed off to Creekside for dinner. I guess we were all feeling adventuress because Jacob ordered Frog Legs and we all tried them. I was surprised I thought they would taste like chicken or something, but they tasted kind of fishy so I didn't like them. Eli grabbed it out of my hand and went to town on one frog leg. Kristyn resisted for a while but finally gave in and tried it. Cory and Jacob seemed to like it and finished everything off. After dinner we headed back to the cabin Jacob and Cory played cards with the young men and Kristyn and I talked. Then we all went to bed.

This is just where Jacob and I started our night. As soon as Jacob came in the room Eli woke up and I was worried he was cold so I pulled him into bed with us. After a while I was freezing so much I got up moved the heater and held it over each of us. Finally I felt warm enough to fall asleep. A few hours later I woke up and saw Jacob was very uncomfortable. Eli basically had taken over most of the bed because he was laying horizontally. Basically our family was sleeping in the shape of the letter H. I told Jacob he could lay on the ground next to the heater. He thought that was a good idea. However I realized there were not blankets and Jacob was just wearing a sweatshirt and his shorts. Jacob later told me that he kept switching sides because his other side would be freezing! I kept giggling thinking about how silly this was. Suddenly I heard Jacob knock over the heater which actually made it stop WORKING!! I started to freak out a little and then we heard Cory snoring through our walls and we both just started laughing so hard. At this point Eli woke up and wanted to play. We got the heater to start working moved everyone around in bed and Eli was still hyper. He was jumping on our head, smacking our faces, tickling us trying to get us to get up. Finally he went to sleep and we all slept for about 2 more hours.

I guess Cory and Kristyn were hot in there room with their TWO heating blankets, but for some reason their door was open so out side of the blankets it was ice cold. We all got up and headed to Creekside for breakfast then off sledding. We really didn't know where to go so we went off on the road heading to Young and pulled over. Then HIKED no joke to this hill to sled. It was so hard to just get there we were upset when we saw that the hill was huge and we would probably die if we went down it. Also if we went down it and survived we were not really sure how we would get back up. Needless to say we did not stay long and figured sledding was a bust. We headed back to the car. When we got to the car we ran into another church group from Highland area and they showed us their great sledding spot they made. We decided to try it out and ended up having a blast. We all said we had a lot of fun, and wanted to go up again soon!

Things I want to remember...

  • Kristyn kept getting stuck in the snow. It was so funny. I guess she seemed to find any and every hole and would get stuck up to her waste.
  • At one point I tried to sled instead of carrying Eli. We just sank in the snow so when I got up to push the sled took off with Eli. I started sprinting and screaming then I just jumped and dove trying to grab the sled. (remember I am 5 1/2 months pregnant) Thank goodness I caught the sled and Eli was safe, but I jumped straight out on my stomach picture me face down sprawled out desperately holding on to the sled!
  • At the end we all made a train and went down the sled track made by the other group. I was in the back and yelled for Jacob to let go of Eli and I, he did but Kristyn wouldn't let go of him. Needless to say the crash that followed was classic.
  • Eli loved Sledding again he did fuss a lot when we were on the really hard part...who am I kidding we all were fussing. Anyway Eli loved the scary one and even kept talking (ok yodeling) telling me where the sleds were and that we need to go down. This involved a lot of point and yodeling on Eli's part.





ps our camera died so we do not have pictures of the cool part, but it was awesome!!

No comments: