Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Day

Halloween day was very eventful for us. It started off with a yard sale at the Gilmore's. We decided we wanted to sale a few things so we loaded them up and headed over there. Brett Brewer who is my cousin and also my sister's neighbor was selling some quads, and bikes. Near the end of the sale Brett turned them on and we all were riding them around. One of the bikes was this small dirt bike for kids. Brett turned it on and let Jacob take it for a spin. Before Jacob reached the end of the driveway I heard Brett say, "Oh no he crashed." I saw out of the corner of my eye Jacob on the ground with the bike. The next thing I know he stand up and the bike is reeving and going in circles and Jacob is holding on for dear life. Finally it stops and crashes into some of the Gilmore's bush's. I later asked Jacob what happened and he said that when he feel he lost hold of the brakes and all he was holding onto was the gas so that is why it is was going to crazy!! The best part of this story is my mom was holding Eli and they were actually pretty close to Jacob when he crashed. Eli saw the whole thing and in the middle of it my mom said Eli said "Uh Oh!"

After the garage sale we just did our regular Saturday stuff. My mom was not feeling well so I went to her house and made her some soup. Eli was acting like he wasn't feeling good either. When he saw my mom's soup he was very excited and ate the entire bowl. We were supposed to met at the Gilmore's at 6 pm. I was worried he should not go out, but I figured if he didn't like it I could just leave so I decided to take Eli. I am so glad I did. I knew he would love all the kids around, but I never knew how much he would like all the other stuff. We started off by just handing out the candy at the Gilmore's with Jerel. Their set up in really scary, Jerel even wears a really scare mask. They have a strobe light, and scary music too. Anyway some of the music that plays howls like a wolf. Eli when he would hear that would howl. Then sometimes when he would see the kids coming up to the door, you would hear Eli say, "Boo!" HE LOVED IT.

I then decided he was feeling fine so we went with the kids over into another neighborhood in their ward. There they had some really neat blow up decorations in their yard. Eli looked at them a lot and ran around with all the kids. He tried his best to keep up with all of them. Sometimes when he would fall really behind I would see him start running. It was so cute. Near the end of the night Steph drove the kids to some houses of people we knew and Eli loved smiling and talking to all the people outside the car window. We ended the night with Eli finding Ethan's bucket of candy. He tried to chew through some rappers, but I took them away and just gave him some Tootsie Rolls. Before I knew it he was fast asleep on my chest holding onto a Reese's rapper, and the candy bucket. Halloween was so much fun this year. I just know it is going to get better and better the older Eli gets!!

P.S Jacob stayed home at out house and passed out candy too all the kids. He said a good number showed up!

No comments: