Saturday, November 14, 2009

We are in Cali!

So yesterday at noon we took off from my parents house headed for California for a family trip to Disneyland. The plan was to leave around Eli's nap time he would sleep for two hours, then once he woke up we would pull over for lunch let him play for a little bit and then head on the road again trying to get as far as we could before he lost it. So at noon Jacob, Eli, Jeff and Vickie and myself all loaded up and took off. Eli feel asleep a few minutes before we left however he woke up in BUCKEYE. Jacob was starving so we pulled over and ate. When I looked at the clock we had been traveling for an hour and we only in Buckeye. We turned on the portable DVD and took off. Eli was so good he just let us drive for about 2 1/2 hours before we pulled over to let him walk around and play. Then we hoped in the car and drove the rest of the way. I have to say it went very smoothly.

Today we woke up and headed to Huntington Beach to eat breakfast at the Sugar Shack. I love that place. I ate their once a few years ago, and have always wanted to go back. Jacob used to travel to Cali for work all the time so whenever he was near by I would tell him to eat there. Anyway we drove there had breakfast, walked around the boardwalk, bought Jacob a coat, bought some Carmel apples then headed back towards the hotel. Eli loved the area he just sat in his stroller pointed and things and loved it. He liked looking at the fish, and looking at the birds. I kept thinking if he likes this so much he is going to go crazy at Disneyland! The rest of the day we ran a few errands, and relaxed and had fun. Currently the Gilmore's are at Knot's Berry Farm having a blast, Jacob and my mom went to a movie, and my dad and I are at the hotel watching Eli.



No comments: