Saturday, June 21, 2008

Weekend Events

Last weekend Jacob and I did some new things we have never done before. On Friday night we went to downtown Mesa. They were having an event they call Friday Night out. They keep the stores open later and do events for families our couples date night. They also do cruises and stuff where people show off their really nice cars. Well this one wasn't an official cruise (although there we a lot of cool cars) I think this Friday Night out was more of an ice cream social. We rode out there with the Gilmores minus Chase and met up with Cyndi, Tobi, Sadie and Noah. We then just kind of walked up one side of the street and down the other. There was an ice cream eating contest but we missed it. Instead we bought some Root beer Floats...they were only 50 cents!!


Here are the kids playing on one of the statues they have on Main Street. Noah was hilarious he kept making these funny faces for the pictures.



Jacob and I thought we would join in and get a picture on the big pink chair. I honestly just was tired and wanted to sit.

There is also this pig statue that I think is really cute down there. Ethan and Aly were climbing all over it so I thought it would be a cute picture.


I had to get a picture of the back of the pig because for some reason I think its bottom is so funny. We had a nice time getting out of the house and enjoying every ones company. I don't think Jacob had the best time, but he was a very good sport about it.


On Saturday night we went on a double date with Jacob's friend Wayne and his wife Rachael. Ever since Jacob went to India he has just loves to eat Indian food. Well there is one not to far from our house so we ended up going there. Jacob loved the food and the atmosphere. I on the other hand decided that I am not a fan of Indian food. I can say this because this is my 2nd time trying it, and for some reason I still don't feel like it is a meal.


Here is a picture of Wayne and Rachael. I think they both enjoyed the new food.


Jacob tried really hard to make the experience like we were really in India. So yes we ate on the floor. Which was quit the task being 8 1/2 month pregnant. Also Jacob ate his entire meal with his hands, which I know he just loved.


This place was really authentic and they didn't not speak English very well. So I tried to get a group picture, but they kept cutting Rachael out of it. This is the best one I got.


One last note about the weekend. Ever since playing volleyball at Utah State I have not been able to eat a donut. They showed us how bad they were for you so basically the thought of eating one makes me sick. Well, Eli obviously missed this lecture, because ever since I have been pregnant I have wanted to eat one so bad. Jacob and I will go to the grocery store and I will literally just stare at a box for a few minutes thinking about buying it, but I never will. Finally I told Jacob at some point I am going to break, but when I do it will be a Krispy Kreme donut. I mean if I am going to do it I am going to do it right. Well the very next morning Jacob was helping one of the boys in our ward with his Eagle Project and guess what they gave out for breakfast.



He told the family about how much I have been wanting a donut so they sent a whole box over to our house. I woke up to this pretty little box sitting on the counter. I thought for sure it only had one donut inside, but when I opened it up IT WAS FULL. I figured it was time for me to break and I ate not one donut, but THREE. Of course not being used to that much sugar I made myself sick. I have officially broken my need for a donut and can say I don't think I will ever want one again.

8 comments:

sara said...

Fun times! I love how Jacob is posing with a handful of food in those pictures. I think I've only tried Indian food once and I don't like it either. It's too bad you overdid it on the donuts and have re-sworn off them; they really are quite tasty from time to time and just look at the box: no trans fat!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

I do the same thing with ice cream! I want it so bad and then I eat a totally irrational amount and I never want to see it again..for about 3 days :)

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun night down town. I love doing those kinds of things. I have always wanted to try "Indian" food, but from what it sounds like maybe I don't. You look so cute an I can't believe you are almost due.

nolongerablog said...

looks like the friday night out was fun. the indian food too. i dont know if i could do it.. i heard its spicy, how did Eli take that?? also the shower looks like it was fun, again im so sorry i couldnt make it. i cant believe Eli is almost here!!!!!!! im so happy for you guys.

katelines photography. said...

oh yum, your prego- you can totally eat 3 doughnuts and get away with it. your eating for two... remember?

dan and ashley said...

i told you i looked for a long time for a cute one! not w alien baby!! i wouldn't waste your time- soon it's guna say ELI's HERE!!!! i meant to tell you friday- jerah was telling me she saw you at this downtown thing! we almost went to it..

dan and ashley said...

i forgot- the only bad thing with this ticker is it looks like i'm farther along than i really am..

The Turleys said...

I cannot believe how amazing you look at 8 and 1/2 months along! I am blown away. Enjoy your last few weeks with your hubby before you get interrupted all the time!