Thursday, June 26, 2008

40 weeks... are we there yet?

So I guess I never realized how long women were pregnant before. I mean I knew how long I just didn't realize that they are pregnant for a long time. I guess it just always seems to go so fast for ME. Now that I am the one pregnant I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER! As you know I want to remember as much of this experience as possible so, here are some things that have happened, things I miss and some thoughts and feelings as well.

  • Jacob and I have officially finished our labor and delivery class. I can honestly say we both have mixed feelings about how this class went. I honestly think all that breathing crap they taught us is totally out the window once the pain starts. Plus they kept trying to teach Jacob how to help me relax, but honestly everything they taught made me uncomfortable so obviously he can't use them when I need to relax!. The teacher at the very end of the class gave 2 pieces of advice that made Jacob turn to me and say, " Those two things she just told us was worth the 70 dollars." Obviously we both thought this advice was good so we better remember it. The first was she told me DO NOT start pushing until you are told to by the doctor. I guess a lot of women feel the urge and start pushing which makes them swell which make that process much harder...so wait for the doctor! The second thing was the correct way to push. Which sounds kind of weird, but if you are going to be doing it you need to be doing it right. So I guess I will be hearing Jacob say to me, "Stacy push my hand off your stomach." This will help me push the correct way.


  • We also attended a nursing class since I am planning on breastfeeding. This class was only one night for two hours and I learned so much. I seriously wish the two were flipped. I am glad Jacob came with me because I am worried I am going to forget something and it will be nice to have his help. I did learn just one thing at this class that was amazing. They did a study around the world on babies that were born with no medication (no pain killers) Well right after the babies were born they placed the baby on the mothers stomach. The babies would crawl, yes crawl up the mothers stomach to their chest and start feeding. What an amazing thing!!


  • The last few days I reached the point where I want Eli out and I want him out now. I mainly only say this to Jacob and I say it to him mainly because I am looking for support. One time after saying it to him he looked at me and said, "Stacy it is a little late for you to say you don't want to do this any more." Now to be very honest I am surprised I didn't rip his head off, but instead I actually found this pretty funny.


  • Speaking of putting Jacob through the ringer I have another moment of brave words from Jacob. One day I called Jacob and told him when dinner would be ready. Well he did not leave work after the call so I was upset and ate dinner with out waiting for him. He was a little upset with me when he got home because he wanted to eat with me. Well he said something to me that obviously the second it came out of his mouth he knew I was not going to like. (for some reason I can't remember what he said) So he quickly changed his tone of voice and what he was saying and chose to say this to me instead "Stacy lets just get this baby out of you and everything is going to be ok." I think this is one of those stories that you had to be there for it to be funny, but it keeps making me think that Jacob probably thinks that to himself a lot. I picture me saying something totally irrational to him and Jacob's brain just saying to himself she will be normal again once Eli comes out.


  • I know it is hard to believe but yes I do have some moments that are a little irrational. My main one right now is my crib. My brother had this very nice set from pottery barn that he used for Austin that he gave to us. I loved the set but the wood was a color I am not a fan of so I wanted it darker. My dad being the service oriented type of guy that he is took this task on. Well to make a long story short the type of wood the crib is made of does not take dark stain properly. This has been a source of many tears and I still do not have my crib finished. We finally settled on painting it a brown color. ( I don't love the color, but I just keep telling myself...Stacy you can not have everything!) Jacob and my dad have started working on the crib together. Now the crib, changing table and baskets have all be painted and only my rocker is left. Hopefully I will get it this week! ****One funny thing about the crib is...my nephew Chase was looking for a way to make some money and I said he could paint my crib and I would pay him. He looked at me and said" which crib? Your house or Eli's bed?" Haha I thought that was so funny. The generation gap has finally caught up to me!****


  • Another irrational moment was when I found out my travel system (stroller and car seat combo) was recalled. I was very upset because I did all this research found the best for what I was willing to pay and was very excited only to have my hard work thrown away. I kept bringing up how I couldn't believe this happened and my mother in law had some wonderful advice for me. She said Stacy this is just a bump in the road. We are not in Iraq, we are not crossing the plans. This is just a bump in the road. I am glad she could help me get things in perspective, but at the same time they BETTER get my stroller fixed before Eli comes!!


  • Since it is so hot outside I have been getting in our pool a lot to deal with the heat. I also invite the kids to come over and swim to help them have a fun summer and keep me company. Well it is so funny because whenever I take my shirt off I get a lot of attention and tummy rubbing from them. I guess I instantly turn into a Buddha, because they have to start rubbing!


  • One day I was at Sam's Club and a little girl saw me. She yelled to her mom that girl has a baby in her tummy. I thought this was so funny then I heard her start yelling much louder MOM IT IS COMING OUT!!! I thought that was hilarious.


  • Finally things I miss - 1. being able to bend over! 2.To go one day and not feel nauseous. 3. Wearing a pair of jeans and feeling comfy and cute in them again.

    Well I know this post was way long and I am sorry, but I want to remember these moments! Here is a picture of what I see when I look down for your enjoyment. I will have to remember to have Jacob take a picture of me so you can see a full body!



11 comments:

Mrs. Allens Class said...

Stacy, I love it. I am going to be just like you when I get preagnant... someday in a long long long time, I know I will want to remember it all! I love the belly picture, a perfect little basketball:)

nolongerablog said...

you are so damn funny!!!! k i love the picture, i love the "crib" thing it was for sure a laugh out loud! and the fitting into clothes thing!! i gained to much weight on the cruise the pants are tight and i feel like a lard. you are the "cute, i cant fit into my pants". oh and the girl in sams.. lol holy i love it.

crosbiefamily said...

Stacy, I adore you. I sure hope you read your comments from friends because I wanted to let you know that I have been a regualer visitor but don't make myself known. I just had my second little girl. So I hear you on all of these things. When Eli comes nothing else will matter. I am so excited for you. You are going to be the best mom! I wish I was close by so I could be one of those people that drop by your door with a casserole, who am I kidding, I don't make casseroles! It probably would be a you-bake pizza and I would invite myself to eat it with you. Well anyways, just know that I am thinking about you and all this pregnancy stuff will pass, yes 9 months is way too long. I am 6 months post deliver and feeling awesome...and yes you will be able to feel cute in jeans again!
Love, Amy Crosbie

Ben and Chelsee said...

Stacy you are a very entertaining writer. Seriously I love reading your posts about pregnancy. I laugh picturing the little girl yelling at her Mom that the baby is coming out, and your nephew thinking that a crib was your house. (What has MTV done??!) I enjoy every moment of it. I can't wait to see Eli's pictures; I am sure once he is here the stories will only get better.

Shaun and April Payne said...

I love checking in on your blog! The stuff you write is very interesting and really funny. Can't wait to see Eli. Cute name by the way!

Flaherty Fam said...

Sometimes I think that adoption is definately the better route. I can't imagine going through all that, but definately very funny to read. You look so cute and I hope for your sake Eli comes quickly.

Adam said...

Stacey, you sound just like my wife, but she starts saying she wants that baby out after 2 months...
Good luck... hope everything comes out all right. :)

Adam

Brette said...

Stacy I just love when you post! You can tell a story better then anyone I know. I can't wait for little Eli to get here!

Kristi & Austin said...

Stacie,
I am not sure if you even remember me, but we used to hang in highschool when you and Langley were friends. I always look at your blog to see how you prego life is doing and you are tiny compared to me. YOu would laugh if you saw my belly next to yours.lol It seems like it is going well though. When is your actual due date. I think we are only a week apart....

Sara Nixon said...

I had a really good time too last week! I'm about to start my new job, so we can hang out fo sho. Your blog music cracks me up by the way :)

The Kemptons said...

You are so funny. Everything that you just wrote is how I have felt every pregnancy and I am sure Kash feels the same way about me becoming normal again once our babies come. Good luck. Your on the count down. My parents wanted me to say hi to your mom and dad for them.