Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eli's Baby shower.

On June 7th my sister threw Eli the cutest baby shower. I tried really hard to document everything I could about this special day, and show how cute everything was. Here is my attempt at making a detailed memory for myself as well as sharing it with everyone who was not able to attend.



Here is a picture of one of the invitations. (not a very good picture I might add) I say one of the invitations because not one invitation was the same. They were all similar in style and layout, but the papers used for each one was different. The writing across the front said "Little fingers, teensy feet, pure and precious...oh so sweet!


The day of the shower I walked up to Stephanie's house to see such a sweet surprise at her front door. She put together these stacked boxes with Eli's name across the front. My hormones got the best of me and of course my eyes teared up. Just for the record ...if anyone is keeping one I did not fully cry.Here is a picture of Stephanie and Ethan at the front door with the cute boxes.


Stephanie even set aside space for a Baby book for everyone to sign. Since I did not have one. Nor did I feel the need to get one I brought these cute piggy banks instead. Jacob and I have had them since we first got married and it was nice to actually have a purpose for them. This was a picture taken of the front right when you enter.

Anyone who has ever been to the Gilmore residence knows two things. First they are perfectionist so the house is always perfectly put together and clean. Second, Jerel doesn't like too many people in his home and so parties there are almost unheard of but when done they are done perfectly. Examples.....


Upon my arrival I could hear sweet lullaby music being played as well as each screen saver on their computers was changed to this...

Jerel was found in the kitchen busy doing this....

Most guys would just let their wife get everything ready for the party alone...no need for the husband to be stressing. Well not Jerel he was so helpful and I am sure it made Stephanie feel a lot better about everything.



This is an example of how perfect their home is...look at their cute family wall.




Before the party started I had to get a picture of everyone with the finished product of all their hard work.Debbie cooked most if not all of the food. My mother and Stephanie helped with all the details of the event like invitations, napkins, the display for the food...I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Ethan and Aly even helped make the tomato sandwiches. I know, I know I have an amazing family!


As you can see everything turned out so pretty. The only thing I didn't do was take a picture of the guest of honor himself mister Eli. (meaning a picture of me and my tummy) Here are a few pictures that did get taken of me opening up some presents. I can't believe I am letting people see these, but they are the only ones I have and obviously I have to.

I am so thankful to everyone who came and supported us. We had such a great turn out with lots of love and support. I also want to say a special thank you to Stephanie, Mamo and Debbie. I appreciate all the hard work they put into the shower to make it nice a memorable for me. it was truly beautiful and perfect. Thank you all so much.

11 comments:

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

Stacy I feel so bad I was planning on coming, but I was in North Carolina the same time of the shower:( I hope it went well!

Brette said...

How cute! I'm so sad I couldnt make it :( Your family did a great job on everything! and the blocks are too cute! Congrats on your and Jacob's two year mark!

The Johnson Family said...

Tell me about it!! It's crazy how fast they grow up, enjoy every minute of it!! You look so dang cute, are you getting so excited, not much longer and he'll be here!!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

I would totally go to lunch with you guys! I haven't seen everybody in forever! That would be fun, let me know when you guys go...When is your due date? You look so good!

Anonymous said...

hey stacy!
this is kate (denhalter) lines, i used to nanny for tom and angie, i think we ran into eachother a time or two (and brett and nikki's kids always called me stacy!) congrats on your little boy! i bet he will be so cute, what a cute baby shower.
well i just wanted to say hi! good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

oh man your emailed me?! i never got it, i probably seemed so rude! feel free to email me again
katelinesphotography@gmail.com
rememeber i do infant shoots and announcments..... ;)


-kate.

The Richins Family said...

it was fun coming to your baby shower. i didn't notice the oops on the invites. i didn't notice the book for eli either. i got your thank you note. it was sweet.

The Turleys said...

Looks like a fun party! I bet the food was delicious! Debbie has got a lot of good recipes and is a great cook. You look beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures of Eli!

sara said...

I'm so sorry I missed it; Kate told me it was just great! Molly will be so excited to meet Eli when he's born :)

Katie said...

I wish that I could have been there!! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I am sad that I missed the shower but I am so excited that we are going to be in AZ right around your due date and that we will be able to see brand new little Eli in person! Carson and I will be staying in AZ until August 20 so I am hoping that we will get to see lots of Eli. I can't wait!! I can't believe that he is going to be here so soon!

Kenyon said...

Im sad I missed your shower. It looks like it was wonderful, wich doesnt surprise me. I am so excited for you!