Friday, March 28, 2008

20 week update

Yippee I am half way there!!! Well I was half way there 2 weeks ago, but I thought I should do a half way point update. I have received a few requests for a belly pictures so here is my tummy at 20 weeks.

The week before I took these pictures I didn't really feel like I had a bump yet. Then all the sudden it was there. It was exciting, but it freaked me out at the same time.

These pictures probably don't really show how much I have grown, but when I look down at my tummy I can totally see a difference. Also I have filled out more around the middle rather then going forward...I guess this is what always happens first.

Things to remember....

1.There are so many things that happen to your body that no one talks about. When I first got pregnant I bought like 4 books and even in these books they don't fully talk about everything. So needless to say there have been surprises for me along the way. Here are just a few...

  • Pink brush- 1st off I was already worried about my teeth for obvious reasons (vomiting, brushing induced vomiting & so forth) so I was really freaked out when I spit and my tooth paste was all pink. Upon inspection I realized my gums were bleeding. I did this for about a week stressing that I had some sort of gum disease...then I found out what it was. Apparently in your 1st trimester the amount of blood in your body doubles. Then it doubles again in the 3rd. (this happens to help with the baby and to deal with the loss of blood during delivery) So when I was brushing my teeth the pure pressure was just pushing the blood out. TOTALLY NORMAL....if you are pregnant. My moms would bleed even when she was not brushing so I consider myself lucky.
  • Pregnancy stupidity- I did not see this on coming but I have officially become less smart while I am pregnant. No this is not an excuse but an actual thing that happens to pregnant women. Apparently your body becomes so focused on the baby you don't really think of much else. Even if you don't realize you are pregnant! I would describe this as walking around in a foggy haze. I remember before I knew I was pregnant I was talking to Jacob's brother Adam and seriously having a hard time keeping up with the conversation. I remember thinking this exact thing "I don't remember it being this hard to talk to Adam". Haha now looking back I think it is hilarious and makes more sense. I have good days and bad days with this one, but seriously overall my IQ has gone down several points. The trust question is...Does it come back?
  • Obviously your body changes while you are pregnant. Now the books do talk about this stuff and try to help you be prepared, but women themselves NEVER talk about this. I obviously won't talk about them but I was surprised none the less.

2. The next thing I am going to share is most likely my favorite pregnancy memory so far. For some reason smells the never bothered you before, and you probably loved are now your worst enemy. Well I have this going on big time and one of the things that I can not stand is Jacob's deodorant. I used to love the smell but when he would comes near me now I seriously just start dry heaving. It made me sad because this started to bother both of us. So one day I spent like 30 minutes in the deodorant aisle at Target with Ethan picking out new deodorants that might not bother me so much. I bought like 3 and after a few trial runs NONE of them helped. Finally I said to Jacob I wish you could wear mine because it obviously doesn't bother me. Jacob laughed at this idea. Well after one long volleyball tournament I came home to a very happy Jacob. After talking to him for a while I realized his smell wasn't bothering me anymore. It turns out Jacob did use my deodorant that morning and actually liked it. Well now Jacob wears Secret deodorant so he can be next to his wife for the next 4 months.

3. Now here is a memory that isn't so cute. For some reason when you a pregnant you get leg cramps while you are sleeping. I kept waking up sore like I did a really good leg work out and I wasn't sure why. Then that week in my book it talked about how you get cramps for no reason in your sleep. Well they have progressively gotten worse. I actually have to jump out of bed like two times a night. They are bad, but once I put some weight on it the pain immediately stops.

4. I have had two official crying breakdowns that while I was crying I was thinking why am I crying...I honestly couldn't stop. The first was while I was suffering from morning sickness and I knew I had to eat something but I physically could not make myself. All the sudden I just starting bawling that I was going to be a horrible mother because I wasn't feeding my baby!! Now I realize the baby was taking everything from me and he was just fine. The 2nd time was Jacob grabbed my sides to give a hug and said "Wow you are starting to grow" oh man that opened the flood gates. Needless to say I am positive Jacob will never say that to me again. I am also starting to get sad when watching some random tv, but don't worry I have been able to hold back the tears.

5. The newest thing that the men in Jacob's family like to do is make jokes like I am gaining weight and not just pregnant. They all think this is so funny, but honestly I don't think I like this joke. It doesn't make me cry and I get why they like to do it but this joke I hope starts to get old.

19 comments:

megan allen said...

Holy Cow! when I am 20 weeks pregnant I look like a cow! YOu look great! congrats! only 20 weeks to go.

Kiersten Allred said...

We'll have to do a comparison picture of when you're almost done and that picture we took when you stuffed the duck under your shirt! Ha ha! Anyways, I feel really bad because I have class on May 16-17. We could do something the night of the 17th though. I'm done at 5.

Annie said...

Stacy, you are so cute! I love reading your pregnancy stories.

Elliot and Cami said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this post! You are freakin tiny i swear. I think I will start showing earlier than 20 weeks. And it's true...there are some things you just never knew about pregnancy or didn't believe until it happens to you. We should do something next weekend!

Laura said...

Oh man I can relate. Just so you tknow the crying thing doesn't stop after you have the baby (well a little) but I am such a cry baby all the time after having Tylie! I understand the being teased about gaining weight. I took it so seriously when Rachel made fun of my huge butt! For some reason people think you can take it just because you are prego, but would never say stuff like that when you are not. Why is that? Love the bump!

Kenyon said...

"Its all comin back its all comin back to me now". Yep, its all true and I have been their many times :)I love reading your pregnancy post, you are so funny. MOST, I said most things get back to normal :)

Swirls of Happy said...

Ummmm...how come you are so small still??!!! You look fantastic lady! You are so stinkin' cute, only half-way to go! P.S. Will you email me your email again so I can invite you? brittanyh@gmail.com . Thanks :)

Brette said...

Finally a belly picture!! you look great! I love reading posts like this and I can't believe you are already half way there! He is going to be here before you know it. It looks like you guys had a great Easter too!

Brette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJ and Cindy said...

Hey! thanks for the baby bump pic! you are so tiny though :) I love reading about all your stories, and don't think people get sick of hearing baby stuff, it's the most exciting stuff anyways! lol So I am so excited for May, let me know as soon as you know when you can get together. I hope everyone can meet up at the same time, imagine the picture frenzy! I have been remembering our funtimes at USU, and seriously, some of the funnest times ever! "It's getting hot in herrr" ohh good times. anyways, speaking of those times, I found Jason on Facebook and oh my oh my! do you have a facebook? You really should!!

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Wow you are really coming along - enjoy the tiny belly while it last. Oh May should be a good time to get together i should be in my home by then if everything goes to plan and so far they are working out great. Keep me updated on the date and time so i can make sure i am there.

Larvin and Ashley said...

You are so stinking little. But I have to say it is the cutest bump ever! A few days before I was going to be induced a lady stopped me in the store and could not believe how big I was. She kept saying, my daughter is not that big. It looks like you are carrying twins. I seriously wanted to knock her out. Bananas help with the leg cramps. I had them every morning and would scream at Larvin to massage them out. Good luck! Keep up with the stories, I love them! I almost feel like I am there with you.

Wood Family said...

Stacy you are so little for 5 months! you look amazing, I love the story about Jacob wearing your deodorant, that is so sweet!

Amy said...

Starting to show is SO EXCITING! But it also makes you want to wear a shirt saying "In case you're wondering, I'm pregnant" HA! Oh, I just found out that my visiting teacher Toby is your cousin- CRAZY! She is so great!

Brooklyn said...

What! Your barely showing! At 20 weeks I was big! Lucky! So fun!

Jaime S. said...

that's a cute belly

We are the delightfully happy Denhalters said...

haha...oh my goodness, I am really glad you left a comment on my page so i could come see your blog. i Dont know you but, I can DEFFINATLY relate! Isn't being pregnant the weirdest/greatest thing in the world! I am now officially the dumbest, lost my brain girl in the world. Seriously...its crazy. And the cramps...are never ending in my feet, not so much in my legs. But yes your belly is so cute! i love it, i will have to post pictures of mine. I will tell Joe hi for you by the way and thanks for stopping by!

Katie said...

So fun! I can't wait to see you with your little "bump" next week!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

Hey Stacy! Congrats on the baby! You look so good.