Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend - one busy weekend

Every Easter the Karchner side of my family gets together for a family BBQ at the park. We were told to bring out own meat so Jacob and I ran down to Fry's on Saturday morning and picked out a steak to share. Then we took it home to marinate as well as some Asparagus. Then we did some Saturday chores, and then it was off to the family BBQ. This year the spot where we normally have our party was already taken so we moved it to the Circle G park over by my sister's house. I guess the grill there wasn't cooking very well so they called Lee and Jerel and told them to bring their grills down to the park. The Gilmore's didn't have a truck so they opened up the tailgate to their Navigator and had Chase hold on to the grill from the back...now that was a funny sight!! Here are some pictures I got at the BBQ.








These are some cakes my family made together. I think Debbie and my mom did most of it. I think they are so cute. I think Martha would be proud.


**For those of you who don't know my mom and Debbie love Martha Stewart***




Here is a a close up of the Rabbit.






I think my sister did a lot to the Beehive because when I got to the party she asked me If I saw the beehive...which would leave me to believe she put A LOT of effort into it.




After everyone ate the family got together and played kick ball. I was impressed because almost everyone played. (I didn't because now that I am pregnant I am convinced I run funny, and I didn't want to take a chance of getting kicked in the stomach!!)






Here is a picture of one team, and Chase is running up to kick the ball.




Since spring is here almost everyone had flip flops on. So in order to play they were kicking the ball with their bare feet. Here is Aly kicking the ball without her shoes.


Here is Austin hanging out on 2nd base. One time Austin was running as fast as he could to first and once he got there he feel down because he was running so hard!! It made me so happy because it was classic Austin!!!
Here is Jacob kicking a ball. He did so awesome. I also have to metion how yummy our food turned out. Jacob is a wonderful griller, and I decided we should grill more often.


Ok don't try to tell me this isn't the cutest picture ever!! This is Noah and Ethan best buds for life!! Ethan didn't play very long because he didn't have tennis shoes on so the ants were trying to get him. If you know Ethan this is his worst nightmare. Noah was a trooper and could possibly be one of the fastest 4 year-olds I know. He would get running so fast that he looked like a cartoon character. (you know how their legs look like they are going in circles?)


Here is Jerel, Chase and Jacob. It was nice because they were all on the same team! They did awesome. Jacob and Jerel said they were sore the next day.




Now for the cheering section!!!

Here is my mom and dad. Their chairs were cracking us up. At least my dad bought these ones instead of taking them out of the neighbor's garbage.Here is Steph and Deb. Now they now wish they had my parent's chairs.


Here is Kenyon with some of the kids who were to little to play in the game. They all still had a great time playing at the park. Poor Sailor she had some poor luck she feel down the hill, and the ball hit her in her face!!!


Everyone had a great time at the BBQ and we decided the kickball this is officially going to be an annual event as well!!


Now for Easter Sunday....


That Easter bunny is too funny. I accidentally left my purse at my parents house the night before, and the Easter Bunny put an egg in my purse. It was so cute because the egg said Ash on it too!!!


Here is Mamo with all her little yaya's.

Here is a cute shot Jacob got of Aly, Stephanie,and I...and the back of Ethan's head.



Chase is waiting so patiently to go find eggs. He likes the eggs that have the money in them. I can honestly say those are my favorite eggs too!!




It wouldn't be a family event with out Buddy


If you know my brother then you know this is a perfect picture of him, and I don't need to say another word.

After Sunday lunch at my parents house we went to Dinner at Aunt Tressa's we had a wonderful time there with Jacob's side of the family. The conversation is always entertaining and the food fantastic. I didn't get any pictures of this...oops.

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter! That barbecue sounds really fun, and looks well attended, how great! I have to request to see a baby bump shot of you! haha anyways, what else do you know about coming out in May?? I am SO excited!! We need to plan stuff as soon as we can!

Veronica said...

How fun! Have I told you how much I love your wedding photos? So cute!

Swirls of Happy said...

I love all the pics! Your family is the best...what a fun weekend!!! Your hair is getting long, it looks so cute :) Glad you guys had a great Easter!!!

Brooklyn said...

I love that picture of you and Stephanie. You are both so beautful. What a fun family you have! Glad you had a good Easter!

megan allen said...

What a fun weekend! Kick-ball is great family activity idea! I'm gonna suggest that to our families. You guys have some creative hidding places for those eggs. That's funny!

Jaron & Abby said...

Congrats on a boy. How fun! Are you showing yet? Easter sounds like a blast. I loved the cakes.