Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wedding Tag...



Well my wonderful friend Annie tagged me, and we had the pleasure of reliving our wedding. I thought it would be fun to answer them and then let Jacob answer them. I wonder if they will be close. Let the fun begin....

1. Where did you meet?


Jacob-

Stacy and I met at the Property Management Company we both worked at, though she would have you think that we met during High School through Sarah Tindill, I don't think we actually met but I know I had been to her house and she mine. Stacy was the receptionist and I was a sales agent and my desk was about 6 feet from where she was answering the phone and I could stare at her pretty face all day long.

Stacy-
We meet for the 1st time back in high school. Jacob was friends with my cousin Sarah and we both remember going to each others houses BUT we don't remember each other. The time that I remember meeting Jacob is where we both worked at good old Brewer-Caldwell. Part of my job at the time was to cover the phones while the receptionist went to lunch. One day when I was answering the phones a new employee came up to me and said he knew my cousin in high school. I asked what his name was and he said, "Jacob." before he couldn't say his last name I said, "Ash"? He said yes and then I laughed, because in high school Sarah would always talk about her friends from Mesa High, and I could always say there last name, but we both knew I had no idea what this person looked like. I told this story to Jacob which I don't think he thought was very funny.


2. What is the 1st thing you said to your husband?


Jacob-
"Your Sarah's cousin, right?"
Stacy-
I am not sure but I think it was something like, "Hi nice to meet you."


3. Where was your 1st date?




Jacob-
For our first date we did a double with my room mate at the time, Stewart Marler who took out Stacy's cousin Kristyn Chandler. I remember I was coming home from a friends wedding reception and on the way home, I went and picked up Stace and then took her to my house. The four of us cooked something, I can't remember what, and then we watched a movie. Stacy was very hot and I was excited to hang out with her. Our co friend Chelsea Hunt hooked us up.

Stacy-
I can tell you we doubled with Kristyn & Stuart, I remember most of it was at Jacob's house, that Jacob picked me up in a full out suit (which made me nervous...what the heck were we doing?) at one point we went to QT for Hot Chocolate (which later became and ritual), and what I was wearing even down to how my how my hair was & Jewelry. Other then that I draw a blank...how sad! Oh yeah and I remember always thinking does this boy even want to be on a date with me?


4.Where was your first kiss?

Jacob-
Our first kiss was downstairs during a movie and Stacy and I were cuddling, and then we kissed.
Stacy-
At Jacob's house on the leather couches downstairs.


5. Did you have a long or short engagement?




Jacob-
I would say it was average. We got engaged in March and Married in June, and we started dating in November. Trust me, if it was up to me we would have been married sooner! But I think everything went perfect!

Stacy-
Let me think. We were engaged in March and Married in June. I think that was long enough!!!


6. Where did you get engaged?




Jacob-
We got engaged at Stacy's house no thanks to Stacy. It seemed like she did everything to spoil every engagement idea that I, her family, and her friends came up with. I was originally going to propose at my family's beach houses in Mexico (a bunch of us friends were going to go down there for a few days) but plans were cancelled at the last moment. So as Kristyn was distracting Stacy I conversed with her family upstairs how to propose. We were all going to play a board game and when Stacy and Kristyn came back upstairs I had hid the ring under the deck of cards. When Stacy started to shuffle she saw the ring and then I got on one knee and proposed. To my surprise she said yes.
Stacy-
Poor Jacob he tried to propose to me like 18 times and I kept messing it up. He originally wanted to take me to his beach houses in Mexico and propose there, but I canceled!!! He was holding on to the ring for about a week before it actually happened. It was after Sunday dinner at my parents house. My whole family knew what was up even the kids!!! They kept trying to get me out of the room, but all the sudden I would reappear far to quickly. They sent me to get a game, to my car and even do something for my mom. I even had visitors at the door! (Lindsay & Brette) Finally in one last desperate attempt Kristyn pours soda down the front of her and tells me she needs a shirt. I told her she knew where my clothes were and she could take anything she would like. Normally this would be fine, but seriously EVERYONE in my family said go downstairs and help her!! Now looking back on that why on Earth would Lee care about me helping Kristyn get a shirt? Also I can picture Kristyn out of the corner of my eye spilling it on herself and it looks set up. Plus she was laughing!!

Once I got back up stairs. Everyone was pretty quiet which was a shocker because if you know my family we are VERY LOUD! We were getting ready to play Apples to Apples and so I go to grab the cards to start setting it up. My niece Aly is on my right and Jacob is on my left. I grab the cards and I see this object in the cards. I see that it is a ring, and I look at it and think it is one of my mothers that she was selling. So I turn to Aly to ask her to put it up when I feel Jacob grab my leg. I look at him and he is sweating bullets and has a bright red face. I think he was 2 seconds away from passing out! Seeing Jacob's face I realized what was happening, and I couldn't believe the ring was for me. The funny thing is my family tried so hard to not be obvious and pretend like they were not paying attention that they actually missed the engagement.


7. Where did you get Married?




Jacob-
At the Laie, Hawaii temple.
Stacy-
We were married in the Laie Hawaii temple. We both wanted to get married somewhere different, but be able to go back again someday! Hawaii was an easy choice.

8. How did the reception go?



Jacob-
Awesome! We didn't really have a wedding reception, but we did have an "Open House" at my parents house, something cheap and informal and it was perfect!

Stacy-
GREAT! We did not have one. We had the option to take the money or have a reception. We decided to take the money and run!

9. The Honeymoon?







Jacob-
Awesome, we stayed in a condo right on the beach. We just relaxed and did whatever we wanted to for a couple of weeks. The food and drinks were great and we had a lot of good memories! We try to go back every year to the same spot!


Stacy-
Was fabulous we stayed in Hawaii for 16 days and lived it up. We had great food, and yummy pina coldas. It was awesome.
Now we tagg....Brette, Sharisa, & Lindsey

10 comments:

Brette said...

You guys are too cute. I love the hawaii pictures. AND I remember when you guys were on your honey moon Julie left me with that important insurance stuff and i called you like every 30 minutes to help me!! haha that was an evil evil move by that lady!! Thanks for helping me out on that. I had NO clue what was going on. Anyway im so excited for tomorrow!! I say boy all the way!

Annie said...

Yay! Thanks for doing this, Stace. I didn't know any of it. Your pictures in Hawaii are so gorgeous.

laura said...

I love all your pictures! Wedding pics on the beach are the best!

megan allen said...

WOW! You and your hubby seem so fun. You guys got married in Hawaii? How awesome is that?! What a neat memory. This post was fun to read. Cute idea!

AJ and Cindy said...

yay I am so glad you did this post! I love all your pictures, your wedding ones are SO beautiful. It was fun to learn more about your courtship! Also, I am SO So excited to see you in May! I really can't stop thinking about how fun it willbe :)

sara said...

Love that sunset picture! And, super cute story. My dad offered the money instead of a reception too and I think Aaron wanted to do it but not me! :) You guys are awesome.

Kenyon said...

That was so cute. I am so glad you found eachother. What beautiful wedding pictures.

Kristen said...

Cute Stace. Your pictures are so pretty. So I am guessing tomorrow is the sex day? (Ha ha, of the BABY!) Can't wait for a post.
PS - Did you ever really see Nina?

Larvin and Ashley said...

You are such a beautiful bride and what beautiful pictures in Hawaii. I am excited to hear if the baby is a boy or girl. They are both tons of fun!

Kate said...

So fun to read. Sounds like you guys had the perfect wedding and everything. Lovely!