Monday, March 17, 2008

1st Baby pictures

Ever since Jacob and I made our appointment for our Ultra Sounds it just seemed like time just stopped right there. Jacob and I truly felt like it was the longest month of our lives!!! Well I am glad to inform you that March 13th did finally come and we did finally get to see our sweet little guy for the 1st time. Yep that's right we are having a boy!! Although it came as no surprise to us. We were pretty much sold on the idea it was a boy from the start.

On the day before we went for our appointment I was visiting with my nephew Austin and I asked him, " Austin do you know what tomorrow is?" Austin looked down at my stomach and replied, " the baby comes?" (obviously he believes me I am pregnant now) I laughed and told him that we were going to find out if the baby was a boy or girl. then I let Austin feel the baby moving around. It was so cute because the second Austin put his hand on my stomach the baby just went crazy moving. Austin said, "This baby is too strong it has to be a boy." So the rest of the night he just kept telling me that he was positive it was a boy. Austin is a smarty!!!


This is a picture of our little guys profile!!!

I love this picture because when Ethan first felt the baby move I asked him what he thought the baby did. Ethan proceeded to show me a baby laying on his back and then punching two times up. Well in this pictures is a perfect shot of him doing just that.

Finally my favorite picture. This is hard for most people to see but I just love it. If you look closely you will see his legs curled up on the right. Then you can she him in all his boy glory. Then if you keep moving to the left you see his hand like his is waving, and his head like he is looking right at us waving. I love this picture because I swear he already has so much personality. This was like the 3rd picture we took, and 2nd he was such a good boy and let us know that he was all boy. Then he did this one like he was being playful and saying hello. I know he is having a party in there, and I know this because I feel it all too often.

Things I want to remember about our 1st ultra sound....

1. I was so worried about drinking the water and having to hold it through out the ultra sound. I thought this wasn't fair because I would be so uncomfortable and Jacob would get to just enjoy all the happens. Well this wasn't 100% accurate. The waiting room was torture, but once I started seeing him move and everything I didn't even remember I had to go to the restroom any more.

2. He wouldn't stop moving around and the lady doing the ultra sound said that he was very active. A few minutes later I looked over at Jacob he looked so happy and a little bit concerned. He then told me he was worried how active or baby was. I asked why? Jacob replied well if he is that active in there he is going to be crazy when he comes out!!!

3. After looking at a few pictures Jacob and I got used to it and we were noticing everything. He saw him sucking in the fluids. Yawning and getting comfy. It was just so much fun.

25 comments:

nolongerablog said...

im so happy for you guys, i still cant belive you guys are parents!!! this year you guys will get the extra holiday!! mothers day and fathers day!!!! fun stuff, love you guys. xoxo

Paisley Quilt Works said...

Oh my A boy i am so excited for you both. Little boys are so much fun. His profile was great in the pictures. Have you guys been working on the name yet? Congrats!!!

The Richins Family said...

congrats! that is exciting news. how fun. i can't wait to see your belly. last time i saw you you weren't showing yet.

Brette said...

Congrats! (again) I'm excited for you guys. He is going to be so handsome. Your nephews are so cute. I still remember that time Ethan was so scared for breaking whatever it was in Brett's office. haha good times

Jen&Joe said...

congrats on the boy.. Yeah i took those pic of tatum! Could you email me your address at jennysteiner@gmail.com

laura said...

Congrats! It's a boy, how fun! I am so glad he was willing to let you know. Now you can start shopping for all the cute boy clothes out there. Fun!

Kenyon said...

Ohhh, I am so happy for you. Isnt that one of the most special days EVER! A boy, YEAHHH. I loved having a boy first. I am SO excited for you Stacy!

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Yeah, a boy will be so fun! Poor Ally is going to be the only girl in the whole family!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Stacy--

Congratulations!! I'm excited that you guys are having a boy! Boys seem so fun. Our boys will only be a couple months apart. We'll have to have some play dates.

Kiersten Allred said...

Congrats! How fun!!! Any names picked out?

Ben and Chelsee said...

I think he is cute already! Seriously, I think his little head, and belly and hands are so precious. A little boy, wow, this is so exciting for you! I can't imagine how happy you both are. Congrats my friends!

Shaun and April Payne said...

those are some of the best ultra sound pictures I have ever seen. He looks great and I am sure he does already have a cute personality. Other people might not see it when he is first born and in your tummy, but I sure think I had an idea of my babies personalities. I am so excited for you to have this baby boy!

sara said...

Yea! Congratulations! I remember my first ultrasound so clearly; it's such a miracle isn't it? How great to have such good pictures of him!!

I'll be telling Molly right away & showing her these pictures... she sure loves you guys!

Melissa said...

Yeah for boys! Congrats. Some how we knew that we were having a boy before our ultrasound, too. AND I think that you are right- their real personality is already intact in there. How fun!

Veronica said...

Stacy - Hi! I am obviously too new to this. Don't laugh, but i answered you on my blog! Jenny can't quit laughing at me. Anyhoo - the baby name is so cute. I would love to help you with ideas.
About bridget - I think she's not far behind you. She is so sick though and not having very much fun. We are so excited for them and I think they are very surprised. My dad has decided its a boy - you know how he is. Congratulations on the baby. it is so much fun!

Shums said...

wow your pics turned out so much better than mine! i love how clear they are, mine were a big mess. you're getting close, SO exciting!!!!!

Tiffany Applegate said...

That was fun seeing you guys last night. I was so excited to hear that you are prego. Oh and the fact that it is a boy. You guys will have so much fun. You look really good for being 20 weeks. I blow up HUGE... I'm really happy for you guys!

Veronica said...

Stacy - I actually do redo houses part time now. If you would like me to I can come over and look at your house. My focus is always on using as much as I can of what you have and making the house you have the house you want. Plus I'd love to see you!

Veronica said...

I am available most days this next week as we are on Spring Break! Give me a call and we can set up an appointment. #480-695-4852
Thanks!

Amy said...

Hooray for boys! So much fun, I'm so happy for you two!

Marci said...

Congrats!! You will love boys they are so fun!

The Crandell Crew said...

Boy oh Boy! I loved those pics! Your right he has quite the personality! What a social kid! But what do you expect...look at his parents! So happy for you two! Hope you're feeling good! That energy burst kicks in during the 2nd trimester!

Flaherty Fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Little boys are the best...so much fun.

RegaNater said...

How fun Stacy!
A cute little boy, that is so exciting. I swear you have been the first person to break the girl chain (I feel like forever, everyone was having girls)
Congrats!

Kate said...

Boys are awesome. I love the pictures and the details of your memories. LOVE it all. Makes me want to have another one...