Friday, April 4, 2008

Batman's home!

On Thursday night after volleyball I rushed to my parents house so we could drive to the airport together. My cousin TJ was flying in from serving an amazing two year mission in Russia. TJ was one of my best friends when we were little. I would go up to his house in Snowflake and stay there pretty much all summer. I titled this post Batman's home because when we were little TJ was ALWAYS Batman. I would be Cat woman and we always had someone he had to save. TJ was such an amazing kid and has turned into an even more amazing man. I am so proud of him for all the hard work he did in Russia.

TJ is such a funny guy. When we first saw him he was wearing this hat. At first I didn't see it was a hat and I thought it was his hair...I kept thinking they don't let them grow their hair out on their mission. Then I realized it was a hat and I started cracking up.

Here is a picture of him hugging his mom Kathy. Kathy is my mom's sister and I love her so much. I always get so excited when my mom says she is in town. When we were little she would make me breakfast, she makes the best French Toast EVER. I love this picture when I was watching this I almost started crying...what an amazing moment for a mother.

Here is the whole Hatch family. I can not believe how grown up they all were. I guess I expected them all to be 5 years old still or something like that.

This is TJ's grandpa Hatch. It is amazing how much TJ looks like his grandpa. I remember thinking this even when I was little.

I could go on and on about all the memories I have with TJ. He is so awesome! I think every parents dreams their son will turn out just like TJ. He is on his way to doing so many amazing things!! TJ we are all so proud of you and love you so much.

p.s I think the hormones finally got the best of me because the whole time writing this I was crying....good thing no one came into the office.

2 comments:

Brette said...

haha the Batman thing cracks me up! I use to play Batman with T.J too, in those big Tubes that were behind he house. And I was stuck being Cat Women or Robin also, even If I would call Batman first, T.J always, always had to be him. I love that he came off the plane wearing a fuzzy hat! That is so T.J! And I agree that he looks exactly like Grandpa Hatch. He's a spitting image of him! We are lucky to have such an amazing cousin and I cannot wait to see him!

The Reebs' said...

Hey Stacy, it's Jacque! I was scrolling through and Im so happy to say I found your blog! Email me your email address so I can put you on my private list...it was fun seeing you guys on Easter. Funny how we were going to be related soon, what a small world! You are such a cute pregnant chic! See you soon...Just hung out with Adam this weekend, I tried to make a good breakfast for all the guys but burnt it all! See you soon!