Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random Happenings...


Well nothing to exciting has been going on recently, but we have had some fun moments here and there. Here are a few we got pictures of...



Every year we have these two ducks that come and live in our neighborhood. The first time we ran into them was about 2 years ago when I brought Buddy over to spend the afternoon. Normally Buddy gets out of the car and runs to the front door. Well this time he jumped out of the car and started running down the street. The next thing I see is a duck flying really low and Buddy right on his tail. It was hilarious because they went up and down the street like three times. I still giggle when I picture them. Lately we have been finding them in our pool and our front yard.

These pictures were taken by Jacob. He woke up one morning and heard something going on in our backyard. He looked out the window and saw the ducks having a great time in our pool. From what Jacob saw they must be a couple. (wink wink)

For Easter my mom got Jacob this pot and planted Tomatoes in it. This is my first attempt to keep anything alive other then myself. So far things are going well, but I am already frustrated because it is taking to long to get tomatoes!
Jacob's brother Adam came into town for a day so we went to the Ash's to visit. While we were there Linda said she would cut Jacob's hair. Well Adam insisted that he could do a better job. Here is Jacob being his sweet trusting self letting Adam cut his hair. It was funny because while he was cutting Jacob's hair Adam said this is harder then it looks! I think at that point Jacob got nervous.

Cecil is running for State legislature and right now they are working on getting $5 donations. This requires a lot of door to door work by Linda and Cecil. Obviously this task is getting more and more difficult as the weather is getting hotter so Cecil came up with a solution to this problem. He bought his own Segway.

Of course we all had to take our turn on the Segway. Jacob is very good at it and has so much fun. He like to make Gob jokes from Arrested Development. Cecil keeps reminding Jacob that the Segway is not a toy. I keep reminding them that it is a very expensive toy.

Obviously I had to take a turn. I was nervous because everything is off of your balance and weight so being pregnant can obviously throw things off. Well after I get on and start riding down the street. Jacob hears Adam say something like "I can't believe she is riding that" or " She really shouldn't be riding that." Adam is a doctor so Jacob quickly got me off, but also pointed out that Adam helped me get on it!!!

12 comments:

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Stacy--

I love the segway. Bryan and I are huge arrested development fans. We are all about Gob Bluth!

Kenyon said...

That looks like a fun toy, it would be a toy to me :) Hope you are feeling well :)

Veronica said...

So funny! How brave to let his brother let him cut his hair! I am so glad to hear that Cecil is running! We'd be lucky to have him!

Laura said...

I didn't know you have a pool! Sweet! I am glad you at least try to keep yourself alive :)

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

We used to have like 10 ducks in my parents' pool, it got out of control once they had ducklings so be careful :) It's okay about the text, don't worry about it anymore.

megan allen said...

I LOVE DUCKS!! I had a duck as a family pet growing up. I miss Ferdinand soooo much! That is so awesome!
The hair cut looks great. Can I be next?

Annie said...

Yay, Stace! I'm glad you're coming to Utah. Where will you be that weekend? That Saturday will probably be best for me if we all want to get together. Just let me know!

sara said...

We had those ducks in our pool last year, and hanging out in the front yards of our street a lot too. Haven't seen them much this year; I guess they've chosen the east side of the neighborhood instead :) I just hope they don't do much pooping on your cooldeck; that is most disgusting!

Emily Lauren said...

How fun! I've always wanted to try the segways! I'm sure it was extra hard being pregnant, ha ha.
I love that Jacob let his brother cut his hair. I learned the hard way on Beckam that cutting hair IS harder than it looks :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Brette said...

I think I remember hearing about those ducks once?? I can't believe they keep coming back. Oh and the segway looks like a alot of fun! I would be very afraid to try it though for fear I would wreck and break it! It looks to expensive for me to mess with. I hope your feeling better and I hope I get to talk to you today :)

Erin Davis said...

Oh my gosh! Stacy! I couldn't believe it when I saw your blog. You are the cutest pregnant girl ever! I can't believe how long its been since we have talked. It was so fun to see your blog. Ours is www.davisboys.blogspot.com. Keep in touch!
Erin Davis (Cartwright)