Monday, October 29, 2012

Things We Want to Remember


·         Liam loves Nursery at church. I was always worried he would hate it or I would always be stuck in there with him, but I was WRONG. After sacrament meeting he always runs up to me and says class now and gets so excited to get there. It is like he can't get there fast enough. After class he runs up to me and is always really excited to show me what he colored or made that day too.

·         Eli says some of the sweetest prayers. Sometimes he says things that really catch me off guard. Like the other night her prayed that the bad man's heart will be softened and that he won't hurt little kids any more. (the bad man is the man I always refer to when I don't want him to go too far from me)

·         Eli loves to read the scriptures. Everyone night when going to bed we read two books and then one section in the children's B of M. Every night he gets so excited. Even if he is super tired he will skip the other books but not the scriptures. Sometimes when the chapter isn't as long he will even say, "Mom that was too short. Let's read another." I know it sounds like he is stalling bed but trust me he is not he just loves the stories. They sound like great adventures to him. 

·         Eli was blessing the food one morning and near the end of his prayer he stopped and looked up at Jacob and I. He then whispered, "There is nothing else in my heart." We smiled and said then I guess you are done. We have been talking about having a prayer in your heart or praying about things that come to your heart. He is such a sweet spirit.

·         We are nearing the end of being a family of 4 and expecting Lilia any day.  Jacob and thought it would be smart to sneak off for a nice night out. So we got Alexus to come and babysit and we headed out. As we were leaving Eli flipped. He started screaming and wouldn't let go of me. He has NEVER done that before so it was something new to everyone. Liam didn't know what to do, but he knew Eli was upset. It was so cute because he kept hugging him and saying, "it's alright E eye." When I got home the next day he asked me if I was so happy to be back with my family. I am worried the little guy thinks I am going to have this baby and not come back!

·         Liam will run up to my belly several times a day and start kissing my belling. Eli does this too sometimes, but near as much a Liam.

·         When Liam was about 2 we were really worried about how little he said. Since we have moved back to Orchard his speech has greatly improved. Sometimes he doesn't stop talking. Sometimes I am the only one to understand him and other times NO ONE understands him, but that doesn't stop him. When he talks it is always serious too like he is telling me this grand story.  Other times he is just a little echo of his brother. Eli will ask me something or tell me something and Liam says everything but on a slight delay. It is really funny.

·         Liam and Eli were playing in the toy room one day. Jacob heard some tears break out so he went in there to see what was going on. When he got in there Eli was crying and said Liam had done something to him.  Jacob turned to Liam to scold him and Liam quickly said, "nothing." Then he kept repeating it over and over again NOTHINHG NOTHING! The best part is how is said it. He just got louder and more serious and started crying and this was happening.

·         Liam is always starving 1st thing in the morning. He is so hungry you would swear I never feed him dinner. Anyone he want breakfast right away and his favorite is cereal. He will come up to me and say , 'hungee." I will reply, "want some cereal." Then he gets the biggest smile and starts running/ skipping to the kitchen saying, "yes yes yes yes!

·         I swear Liam sleep walks. There are several times I get up and check on the boys and Liam is gone. Then I find him in a random spot in the house or roaming the house behind me. I quickly just pick him up and take him right back to bed. 

·         Eli and Liam really are best buds. They play so well together and really love each other. We love having two boys so close together. We feel so blessed.

·         My boys Love Apples and Apple pears. I always have to have a drawer full of them or they think we have no food.

·         Jacob's work had some important clients come in town. They treated them to some pretty nice seats at the Monday night Cardinals football game. Jacob was going to go tailgating with them and then catch the game. He forgot his Jersey so we ran it out to his office. Eli figured out his dad was going to the game and his heart looked like it was broken by how sad his face was. Jacob couldn't take it and ended up buying two more tickets so Eli and I could go. They were pretty pricey but Jacob said they were worth every penny. I think Eli would agree he had a blast.

·         I have been taking Liam to my Dr visits with me. So we drop Eli off at school and then we rush down to my appointment. Liam loves them and actually seems to be excited for them. He always says, 'mommy Dr?" I reply, "yes" and then he smiles really big and jumps up and down and says," read book and bebe hart."

·         Eli is always really focused on things that are good for his body. Recently I told him that he also has to play, run hard and lift heavy things to make muscle. He took this information to heart . Right after that I would randomly see him running around and then he found a 12lb weight that he would run with and keep lifting.  I would also hear him breathing so hard after. I also told him if he watches too much TV he loses his smarts and his muscle. He turned off the TV.

·         Eli is starting to ask me what some Lyrics on some songs mean. The other day a song came on and was about not caring what someone else says. I explained this to him and then about 5 minutes later he said, "Mom this song is like that book from the library. The boy said she was extinct. She listened but she didn't care." He was right and I remember the book it was Edwina. Love this sweet boy!

No comments: