Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hawaii Get Away

Since we found out we have another little one on the way. Jacob thought we should take a few vacations or getaways just us before the baby comes. I thought that was a great idea and since I have been so sick I figured it was a good time to getaway anyways.Linda (Jacob's mother) was kind enough to take our boys so we could get away. Our first trip was to Hawaii since we were married here and have great memories it's kind of like or go to place. We had a great time eating, relaxing and just enjoying beautiful Hawaii. The only bummer was that I was so or still getting over my sickness that we didn't get to do too much stuff. We mainly relaxed which is always nice.
Main highlights of our trip were:
  • Drinking all the pina coldas we wanted...which actually were only a few. For some reason we didn't crave them as much as we usually do.
  • We ate at this burger place and Jacob ordered this burger called the Pounder. It was HUGE. When they brought it out they ran on this bells and stuff and then random people came up and started taking pictures of us. It was cool to see how big it was, but the burger itself was actually pretty gross. However we did make an awesome memory.
  • Jacob introduced me to the funny little fruit covered with spikes. If you peal off the spikes it's actually pretty good. It was called a Robutan.
  • We stopped by turtle beach on day to get some pictures with turtles. I was worried Eli was having too much fun at his grandma's so I thought this picture with me and turtles would help me look cool. 
  • We got yummy icees when ever we wanted. I realized Jacob and I are shaved ice type of people.
  • On one of our days we went shopping and this guy was standing on the sidewalk with no shirt on and he whispers to Jacob looking for weed? I was cracking up when Jacob told me. I thought it was funny that guy thought Jacob was the "type" who would be interested.

















All and all it was a wonderful trip and we enjoyed ourselves very much. However we were so happy to get home to our boys and they were so happy to have us back!

1 comment:

The Richins Family said...

what a fun trip for you two. that is nice that you have someone who is able to watch your boys for you. i hope you are feeling better.