Friday, December 3, 2010

6 months


This is my beautiful Liam and he is now 6 months old! I can't believe how quickly the past 6 months have gone. Although Liam is still baby he is for no longer an infant and he thinks he is two and just as big as his older brother. Today we took Liam to the doctor for his check up. Everything looks really good. The doctor says it is time to have 2 meals a day of rice cereal...which is nice Mommy gets a little more freedom. Plus Liam just loves to eat like the big people! We also get to mash up some of our food and give that to him too. YIPPEE!! He got three shots and actually didn't cry until the third. I had him laughing for the first two.

His current stats are...(not exact since I left the paper at the doctor's office)
Head: 75thth%tile
Weight: 19 lbs 8 oz 80th%tile
Height: 27 inches and some change 75th%tile
**We could not get an accurate reading on his height since he was moving around to much and would not stretch out properly. The doctor said next time we will try again to get a more accurate reading.**

Things I want to Remember...
  • Liam is so much fun. He talks a lot and I swear he says Hi back to me sometimes. He has such a sweet smile.
  • Liam truly loves Eli and sometimes just starts cracking up when he sees him. They already play with each other and it is so cute.
  • He loves Buddy he pets him sometimes but most the time just grabs his ears or tries to eat him.
  • He is a cat napper he only takes little naps but sometimes out of no where he will sleep for like an hour and half...which is wonderful and then he is so happy. He sleeps ok at night he goes to bed at 8:30 or 9 pm and wake up at like 5 for food. If he wakes up before then sometimes, but I just let him cry it out...it's hard but it is better for the whole family if we all sleep.
  • He officially has 2 teeth and couldn't be more proud of them. I swear he knows when I am looking or talking about them and smiles to show them off.
  • He can sit up all by himself and he can roll all around and room to get what he wants. He can get up on his knees but not very good. I think he will be crawling in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
  • He loves to sit in his high chair and eat little things I put our for him to eat. He eats EVERYTHING! So I have to make sure it melt quickly so he won't choke. I am really impressed with his hand and eye coordination because he can pick up cheerio's and eat them one at a time. He is a genius or an athlete oh heck who am I kidding he is BOTH! (this is not based on opinion it is fact that is just how my boys are...wink)
  • Liam is a pleasure 99% of the time then there is this 1% that rules the roost. When this happens nothing really makes him happy except to be held and walk around NOT SITTING! It can be hard but a day or two after it can be funny.
  • Liam really loves me. I know Eli has and does love me but Liam he LOVES me! If someone else is holding him he will lean for me (he has done this since his or 3 or 4 months old) if I walk by him and don't talk to him he cries or if he thinks I am leaving he looses it. It is cute and sad all in one.
As you can tell our boys are our pride and joy. We love them to pieces.

2 comments:

The Durfee's said...

wow i can't believe he is already 6 months?! where had the time gone!! he is a cutie and I can't wait to meet him!

Whitney said...

he looks like a darker version of eli . .with more of his mama in him. i think it's the eyes! he's a handsome little man . .wish we were going to be home this christmas.

when you get a minute will you shoot me your address

whitmanaz (at) gmail (dot) com

thanks!!