Saturday, January 3, 2009

Monday Night Football

My dad called me up and told me that the attorney of the Cardinals had called him up he was given two tickets to watch the Monday night Cardinals game against the San Fransisco 49er's from the owners box. The attorney had invited all of the new legislatures to different games but they had been waiting for a Monday night football game because several of the legislatures are LDS. My dad's first question to the attorney was is this legal and the attorney's reply was, it is until you are sworn in, and then we can't do this anymore. Lucky for me my mom is not a football fan so my dad invited me instead. So Monday about 4:30 my dad, and two other legislaters including the speaker of the house headed out to Glendale to see the game, which was actually my very first Cardinals game and my first time to go in the new Glendale arena. We arrived about 35 minutes before the game parked in the VIP parking and then went through a side entrance into where the box seats are. As the six of us walked by the boxes, we saw lots of people inside and lots of food, until we came to our box that was not numbered and was completely closed off and there standing in front of the entrance to the double doors was a huge body guard.

We asked him if this was the owers box and he said it was, and greeted us by name and didn't even ask to see our tickets which surprised me. We went inside to see a room full of Bidwell family members Michael, Nicole and Bill Bidwell (Michael and Nicole are the son and daughter of Bill) also attorneys and heads of security for the Cardinals and some retired hall of fame NFL players one being Aeneas Williams. We were introduced to everybody and everyone was very nice until they realized that I was just the son and no one was too interested in speaking with me. One of the Cardinals lawyers, I believe, came up to me and started speaking with me and introduced himself and then I introduced myself as the son of Cecil Ash and he said well enjoy the game and then went off to speak with my father, I guess I wasn't important enough for him to stay and talk to.

Anyway, the game was great and the seats were great, we were right next to the anouncers box and we could see them infront of the cameras commenting on the game. There was every kind of food imaginable from steak and garlic mashed potatoes to pizza, hamburgers, shrimp, chocolate covered strawberries that were in the shape of footballs, chips and dip and tons more, they even had a chocolate fountain. During the game the Cardinals Mascott and cheerleaders came up to say hi to everyone and totally against my will I was forced to take a picture with them, but I was thinking about Stacy the entire time.

It was a great experience and a great game, one that I will never forget. The Cardinals ended up winning 29-24 and it came down to the last play with the 49ers on the 1 1/2 yard line and the Cardinals had to hold them on 4th down to win the game and they did! Everyone in the owners box was jumping up and down and giving high fives and hugging one another. It was a great experience, one I will never forget! Here is a good picture if anyone wants to blackmail my dad down the road. J/k don't really do that.

1 comment:

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.